ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

hi there my husband has spouse visa but his ill is due in 18

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jojochaachaa

hi there my husband has spouse visa but his ill is due in 18

Post by jojochaachaa » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:50 am

Hello there ,
I wonder if anyone can shed any light here my husband is here on a spouse visa and has been here a year in just over a year he will have to do his ILR can anyone advise me way this consists of and do you do it online on in the home office he is in uk and from Morocco unfortunately as of yet he hasn't found work although he has done many studies such as esol and training I think this will be a problem for the ILR? He is trying every day to find work and inchallah will find it soon

any help greatly appreciated

jo :D

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: hi there my husband has spouse visa but his ill is due i

Post by Wanderer » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:05 pm

jojochaachaa wrote:Hello there ,
I wonder if anyone can shed any light here my husband is here on a spouse visa and has been here a year in just over a year he will have to do his ILR can anyone advise me way this consists of and do you do it online on in the home office he is in uk and from Morocco unfortunately as of yet he hasn't found work although he has done many studies such as esol and training I think this will be a problem for the ILR? He is trying every day to find work and inchallah will find it soon

any help greatly appreciated

jo :D
You sure about ILR? When did you apply for Spouse visa because if he's been here only a year he must but on the five-year route, and will have to apply for FLR(M) again for the 2.5 year extension after 2.5 years on his current visa.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

jojochaachaa

Post by jojochaachaa » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:14 pm

your prob right he has a 2.5 year visa thats all i know and its a spouse visa so what is the next step then? please

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:24 pm

jojochaachaa wrote:your prob right he has a 2.5 year visa thats all i know and its a spouse visa so what is the next step then? please
More or less same as initial spouse visa;
...fulfilling same criteria as last time....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

jojochaachaa

Post by jojochaachaa » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:37 pm

so i take it they do this so they can just check the situation is the same etc as when we applied i am a carer so i am exempt from the financial requirement however he wanted to secure immediate employment which is not so easy to find however nothing else has changed should this be ok there is no more recourse to public funds

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:30 pm

Yes, the new rules now require spouses to spend 5 years on their visa rather than 28 days before your husband's current visa expires he needs to apply for FLR m either by post or in person, with basically the same financial info you supplied the first time if he is still unemployed. Just make sure you keep any correspondence addressed to your husband or to you both as proof that you still live together. You need to have 6 addressed to both of you or 12 individual.

jojochaachaa

Post by jojochaachaa » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:40 pm

SoHopeful wrote:Yes, the new rules now require spouses to spend 5 years on their visa rather than 28 days before your husband's current visa expires he needs to apply for FLR m either by post or in person, with basically the same financial info you supplied the first time if he is still unemployed. Just make sure you keep any correspondence addressed to your husband or to you both as proof that you still live together. You need to have 6 addressed to both of you or 12 individual.
Hi Amber ,
the time has come soon to do the FLR and our circumstances have changed would you mind if I asked you some questions?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:50 pm

Sure.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.