ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship referees - what will they be asked?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

goldfish
Member of Standing

British Citizenship referees - what will they be asked?

Post by goldfish » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:01 pm

I'm looking at the list of acceptable professions for referees for my British citizenship, and so far I can't think of anyone who I know well who has one of those occupations. What questions are the referees likely to be asked? Might help me work out which of my acquaintances is my best option!

I've seen some previous posts on this but they are quite old so hoping for some more recent info!

zeusmagnanimous

Re: British Citizenship referees - what will they be asked?

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:25 pm

goldfish wrote:I'm looking at the list of acceptable professions for referees for my British citizenship, and so far I can't think of anyone who I know well who has one of those occupations. What questions are the referees likely to be asked? Might help me work out which of my acquaintances is my best option!

I've seen some previous posts on this but they are quite old so hoping for some more recent info!
Normally the referees are not contacted at all. In the rare case when they are contacted they are asked if they know who you are and how long you have known them and how, basically they are asked to verify the information they have put on the form. Just get it singed by anyone who knows your name and can recognize you in a photo.