ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport - UK New born - Procedure for Corrections

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

binoj_a26
Newly Registered

Indian Passport - UK New born - Procedure for Corrections

Post by binoj_a26 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:13 am

Hi All,

I received my daughter's passport last week from HCIL. Upon checking, I found that the surname of my wife is incorrectly printed in the passport. In case any of you have faced this issue i.e. application form properly filled in but details incorrectly printed in the passport, could you let me know your inputs on the following
a) Should I need to book an appointment again or can I walk-in to the Passport Counters to get this rectified? I read in the HCIL site that we need to reach out to the Passport counters immediately. The next appointment is way out in November :-(
b) Whether I need to get the application form filled and submitted again? If so, what would be the options that I need to select in the first page of the application form.

Any response would be hugely appreciated.

Regards

ban.s

Re: Indian Passport - UK New born - Procedure for Correction

Post by ban.s » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:08 pm

I don't believe you need to book an appoint or fill a new form.
If it was error on their part, then they would amend that. Contact HCI and also provide proof that you submitted the form with correct information.

binoj_a26
Newly Registered

Post by binoj_a26 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:01 pm

Hi, thanks for your response. I emailed HCIL and have been told to come over in person with the relevant documents. What surprises me is that they will be issuing a letter duly sealed and signed by a competent authority. Aren't they supposed to re-issue the passport with all the entries correctly printed? Will this pose any problem when traveling with my baby?

Regards

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:38 pm

what exactly was the error?

typo in the surname or maiden surname used or completely unrelated surnamed printed?

you can request them to endorse the change within the passport observation page.

binoj_a26
Newly Registered

Post by binoj_a26 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:41 pm

My Wife's Surname was wrongly printed in my Daughter's passport under "Name of Mother".