ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

girish

Queries for Naturalisation

Post by girish » Mon May 12, 2014 1:58 pm

Hi,
I am applying for Naturalization and have following queries. I tried to look into the forum but could not find a concrete answer :(
1. I and my wife(who was on dependent Tier-1) had applied for ILR May last year. Could somebody please clarify if she is eligible for applying for Naturalization along with me as she has been in UK since Nov.2009(i.e post marriage)

2. For Professional References - Can i get reference from a IT/Software Contractor who has a limited company of his own and is VAT registered? I am seeing mixed responses in this forum :(

3. Can doctor working in NHS be considered as Professional Reference? I couldn't find doctor in the list in the UKBA website; though i could find Nurse,etc...

4. Can the references be the same for me and my wife or do have to be different ?

Regards
Girish

akash08

Re: Queries for Naturalisation

Post by akash08 » Mon May 12, 2014 2:11 pm

girish wrote:Hi,
I am applying for Naturalization and have following queries. I tried to look into the forum but could not find a concrete answer :(
1. I and my wife(who was on dependent Tier-1) had applied for ILR May last year. Could somebody please clarify if she is eligible for applying for Naturalization along with me as she has been in UK since Nov.2009(i.e post marriage)

2. For Professional References - Can i get reference from a IT/Software Contractor who has a limited company of his own and is VAT registered? I am seeing mixed responses in this forum :(

Yes you can. Make him write Director of Limited Company as profession, that is what my referee wrote.
3. Can doctor working in NHS be considered as Professional Reference? I couldn't find doctor in the list in the UKBA website; though i could find Nurse,etc...

4. Can the references be the same for me and my wife or do have to be different ?

can be same but make sure both the referees are not related meaning the two referees in your form can not be husband and wife.
Regards
Girish

girish

Post by girish » Mon May 12, 2014 2:18 pm

Thanks Akash

Any idea about "Can doctor working in NHS be considered as Professional Reference? I couldn't find doctor in the list in the UKBA website; though i could find Nurse,etc..." ?

Regards
Girish

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Mon May 12, 2014 2:21 pm

If you have been UK resident for 5 years and have ILR for 1 year you can apply for citizenship. yYu have to satisfy residence and good character requirements.
Your first referee can be a director of ltd company and your second referee has to be over 25 years and a BC. They both must have known you for over 3 years.
You and your wife are applying separately and I think you can have same referees.
i wouldn't put doctor as a referee.
I am sometimes wrong.

kaushal101
Newly Registered

Post by kaushal101 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:13 am

May I know the reason for not using a doctor? I have a doctor friend who knows me for 5 years, and I was planning to put him down as a professional referee. But doctor isn't mentioned in the list of acceptable professionals (though dentist & nurse are mentioned), which is quite strange.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:12 pm

The list is representative and not exhaustive. Doctors are very much accepted as professional referee both for naturalisation and passport applications. Their reference has been taken off the list just to reduce such administrative requests (so that they can focus on their day to day duty of patient care).

kaushal101
Newly Registered

Post by kaushal101 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:40 pm

ban.s wrote:The list is representative and not exhaustive. Doctors are very much accepted as professional referee both for naturalisation and passport applications. Their reference has been taken off the list just to reduce such administrative requests (so that they can focus on their day to day duty of patient care).
Now THAT makes perfect sense!! Thanks a lot ban.s!

pelen23

Post by pelen23 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:42 pm

ban.s wrote:The list is representative and not exhaustive. Doctors are very much accepted as professional referee both for naturalisation and passport applications. Their reference has been taken off the list just to reduce such administrative requests (so that they can focus on their day to day duty of patient care).
Sorry for hijacking the post. In the list we see bank officials. I have two friends working for a retail bank . One is a bank manager , the other is financial savings officer . Will that be ok? Do I need to get someone more senior as bank official? Many thanks

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:31 pm

Bank official is fine.
I am sometimes wrong.

pelen23

Post by pelen23 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:12 pm

milan69 wrote:Bank official is fine.
Thank you very much for that I know bank officials are fine but what is the definition of a bank official ? Can a cashier be considered as a bank official or does it have to be someone more senior like a director. That's what I wanted to know.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:58 pm

I personally would have no problem in having a bank cashier act as my first referee as I consider anyone who is employed in the bank as bank official. Someone senior like a director would be considered as a manager.
I am sometimes wrong.

pelen23

Post by pelen23 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:26 pm

milan69 wrote:I personally would have no problem in having a bank cashier act as my first referee as I consider anyone who is employed in the bank as bank official. Someone senior like a director would be considered as a manager.
Thanks. That's what I was thinking