ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Professional Referee for Naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kaboo
Newly Registered

Foreign Professional Referee for Naturalization

Post by kaboo » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:02 pm

Hi, guys.
I have a question re referees for my Naturalization application. The form and guide say that you can normally use a person with a professional standing of any nationality and has known you for 3 years. Can it be someone living abroad? Does it only apply to people applying from outside the UK? Or can I include someone like that on my application if I'm applying from the UK as well? Do they have to provide any extra info about themselves? I.e. certified copy of their passport page showing their photo and signature or a cover letter etc?

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Foreign Professional Referee for Naturalization

Post by milan69 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:10 pm

Referees just have to write their details in the form and state how they know you.
I am sometimes wrong.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Foreign Professional Referee for Naturalization

Post by fwd079 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:52 pm

kaboo wrote: Can it be someone living abroad? Does it only apply to people applying from outside the UK?
Seniors can correct me, but in my view the address of referee should be in UK.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.