ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Visa

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

uday2509

Indian Visa

Post by uday2509 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:16 pm

Hello There,

I really appreciate if anyone helps me with this situation..

My son has got British passport 4 months ago, he was on Tier 1 dependant before that which is expired now.
he hasn't surrender his Indian passport yet, there is a family emergency in India and he would like to travel in couple of weeks time.

1. Can he apply for a Indian visit visa without surrender of his Indian passport?
2. Can he travel on his Indian passport to India, As we are ready to pay the penalty 145£ for using his Indian passport.

Thanks much for your help.

Best Regards,
uday

ban.s

Re: Indian Visa

Post by ban.s » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:29 pm

Surrender of indian passoprt takes few days and additional few days for visa.

1. No
2. He can travel but it will be in violation of the indian passport act and liable to penalty (as you are aware). However the main problem will be returning back to the UK (unless you decide to surrender the passport in india, pay the penalty and apply for exit visa etc)

uday2509

Post by uday2509 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:56 pm

Hi Ban,

Thanks much for your help.

Is it possible to apply surrender of Indian passport and visit visa at the same time as we have very few days to travel.

Thanks,
Uday

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:08 pm

No, both are separate applications and processed by different departments in HCI.

uday2509

Post by uday2509 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:21 pm

Thanks Ban,

I am going Birm tomorrow to surrender the Indian passport and apply for a visa when I receive surrender certificate.

We have a ticket to India on 10th November, is it realistic if we assume all the above will be sorted by 10th November aor do you advise me to postpone the travel?

Thanks

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:37 pm

unfortunately I don't know Birm time estimates, so can't comment.

also check the Surrendering Passport sticky for timelines. Explore options of submitting surrender application by post - might be quicker than in person at VFS B'ham.