ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

!!!Urgent!!! Sandwich-course Possible overstay? !!SUCCESS!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mr Man
Newly Registered

!!!Urgent!!! Sandwich-course Possible overstay? !!SUCCESS!!

Post by Mr Man » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:57 am

Just letting everybody know that we 'fessed up and told the Home Office everything and my Wife got the 2 year visa!!!! Honesty pays, these people are not animals if you are genuine!!!!

Just logically think out everything they could possibly ask you and have a truthful response, and in the long run, you can't go wrong!!!!!

Let them know that you know your rights, i.e. Article 8 of the European Union charter on Human Rights, 'The right to a private family life' This covers everything, be genuine, prepare for a struggle, but expect the best!!!!

Thanks for all the help and good advice, and 'up yours' to all the nay sayers who probably just like to sound important on this forum!!!

Thanks

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:16 am

Mr Man, congratulations on your success, but just because you have gotten lucky inspite of being honest to the HO is not a reason to advice to confess everything to them. For every honest and genuine couple that is being allowed I can easily show at ten that is suffering due to tecnicalities with their application, Human rights or not.

Anyways, enjoy your situation and do not generalise the actions of the HO based on only your story.
Jabi

Mr Man
Newly Registered

Post by Mr Man » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:25 am

Sorry everybody!!!! In my humble opinion, be honest and all will work out alright!!!

Thank you

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: !!!Urgent!!! Sandwich-course Possible overstay? !!SUCCE

Post by avjones » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:42 am

Mr Man wrote: Let them know that you know your rights, i.e. Article 8 of the European Union charter on Human Rights, 'The right to a private family life' This covers everything, be genuine, prepare for a struggle, but expect the best!!!!
Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights has nothing to do with the EU, doesn't cover everything, and your tone is extremely unpleasant.

As I read your original post, most people said that it was worth a try as the visa was still technically valid, but that you might have trouble.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

Mr Man
Newly Registered

Post by Mr Man » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:50 am

What on earth are you talking about "your tone is extemely un-pleasant"???? I am overjoyed and trying to pass this on to others!!! What planet do you live on???? What, other than happiness, joy and success is wrong with my tone??? That comment is uncalled for!!!!

Yes indeed it may not be sound legal advice, but that is not what I am offering, I am offering advice based on my experiences!!! I am trying to give people hope!!! Because once you've lost that, you may as well give up!!!

Everybody, don't care what tin-pot administrators say, just try, and hope for the best, be truthful and you can't go wrong in the long-run!!!!

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:42 pm

Mr Man wrote:and 'up yours' to all the nay sayers who probably just like
What, other than happiness, joy and success is wrong with my tone???
Other than the excessive use of exclamation marks, your version of expression of happiness with words in inverted commas makes one wonder whether it is really is worth advising people like you to be cautious, or give any advice for that matter.

Had the outcome been different, you would definitely be singing the opposite tone cursing anyone in your sadness who would have told you to be honest and calling the HO animals who are not human beings and the lot. So, the question here is, before the verdict is out, what sort of advice do we give to people like you?
Jabi

SYH
BANNED

Re: !!!Urgent!!! Sandwich-course Possible overstay? !!SUCCE

Post by SYH » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:49 pm

Mr Man wrote:Just letting everybody know that we 'fessed up and told the Home Office everything and my Wife got the 2 year visa!!!! Honesty pays, these people are not animals if you are genuine!!!!

Just logically think out everything they could possibly ask you and have a truthful response, and in the long run, you can't go wrong!!!!!

Let them know that you know your rights, i.e. Article 8 of the European Union charter on Human Rights, 'The right to a private family life' This covers everything, be genuine, prepare for a struggle, but expect the best!!!!

Thanks for all the help and good advice, and 'up yours' to all the nay sayers who probably just like to sound important on this forum!!!

Thanks
First Congratulations
Second, perhaps you would like to share exactly what you told the HO and your explanation so others can judge if their circumstances are similar enough to take a chance.
Third, I think the statement tell HO everything and you can't go wrong is an oversimpification of things. You probably got lucky because as John pointed out her student visa was still in time when you applied for a new one. And although you pushed the envelop on its usage, it wasn't worth it to the HO to call you on it.

Mr Man
Newly Registered

Post by Mr Man » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:50 pm

Mr Terror,

For you know me not! If I was refused, I would be pragmatic about it, move on and deal with the next hurdle. I point fingers at nay-sayers in any walk of life, they are draining and counter-productive.

People come on these forums a lot of the time for reassurance, they don't just need to be told "it will fail." Everything should be positive and pro-active because visa troubles can take you to a dark place. I was scared by a few time wasters who profess to know something, when I first came on this forum.

Nay-sayers are not needed on this forum, win, lose or draw!!! Only people who can offer positive input; if there is none, say nothing! People need to be shown that it can happen for them. Although no two cases are the same, something can be taken from my experience and compared so as to encourage or discourage.

People do not need to know about the 90% chance of them being refused but rather the 10% chance they could be accepted*.

Thank you for any help off of anybody who had positive input.

(*metaphor, please don't pull me on statistics.)

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:13 pm

Mr Man wrote:Mr Terror,

For you know me not! If I was refused, I would be pragmatic about it, move on and deal with the next hurdle. I point fingers at nay-sayers in any walk of life, they are draining and counter-productive.

People come on these forums a lot of the time for reassurance, they don't just need to be told "it will fail." Everything should be positive and pro-active because visa troubles can take you to a dark place. I was scared by a few time wasters who profess to know something, when I first came on this forum.

Nay-sayers are not needed on this forum, win, lose or draw!!! Only people who can offer positive input; if there is none, say nothing! People need to be shown that it can happen for them. Although no two cases are the same, something can be taken from my experience and compared so as to encourage or discourage.

People do not need to know about the 90% chance of them being refused but rather the 10% chance they could be accepted*.

Thank you for any help off of anybody who had positive input.

(*metaphor, please don't pull me on statistics.)
For you it is naysayers, for others it is being realistic
For us to say, to tell people to do something when there is small chance is a disservice and misleading. I do think we are reassuring when the circumstances warrant. But it is ridicoulous to not tell people if there is 90% chance of being refused. Would you want a doctor to tell you, don't do treatment because there is 10% chance you will survive without it?

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:54 pm

Mr Man wrote:What on earth are you talking about "your tone is extemely un-pleasant"???? I am overjoyed and trying to pass this on to others!!! What planet do you live on???? What, other than happiness, joy and success is wrong with my tone??? That comment is uncalled for!!!!
This is what was wrong with your tone, "all the nay sayers who probably just like to sound important on this forum". Not much joy etc there, is there now?
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:33 pm

If I was refused, I would be pragmatic about it, move on and deal with the next hurdle
Mr Not the Man, I do not believe that. The fact that you were "gracious" to take the time for an 'in your face' report during the height of happiness do not bode well at your capabilities at the depth of failure. Enough said! In fact I know how to handle this. Let me change my direction...
People come on these forums a lot of the time for reassurance, they don't just need to be told "it will fail." Everything should be positive and pro-active because visa troubles can take you to a dark place
People do not need to know about the 90% chance of them being refused but rather the 10% chance they could be accepted
I realise the folly of my ways. Infact here is a positive thought- Why don't you head over to Eiffel tower and jump over from it's tallest point? There is 100% chance you will enjoy the drop and even better chance you will survive.* Enjoy!

(* please don't pull me on statistics.)
Jabi

jimquk
United Kingdom

Post by jimquk » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:11 pm

Mr Man, I think you are totally naive about the cruelties of the immigration system. It is better to know what yu are dealing with than to go in all starry-eyed and confiident of having your case accepted. Believe me, I have known people who believed in positive thinking and-or God's protection end up in tears, bitter and disillusioned.

Be grateful for the outcome not smug. Why are you condemning others who gave you advice when you asked for it - just because it wasn't what you wanted to hear? We are not claiming to with certainty the outcome of every application - this is impossible as officials have to make subjective decisions using their own discretion - but we do all know that injustices can and do happen with depressing regularity.
The Refused are coming day-by-day nearer to freedom.

Mr Man
Newly Registered

Post by Mr Man » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:23 am

Quite terrifying Doc Terror!!!

Some people just like an argument, to be right and win!!

You're so intelligent and amazing! I look up to you for your wisdom, I follow your sagacious advice and balk at your majesty.

I'm sure that's what you want to hear.

Adieu!!!