ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC application, lost old passport and absence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pelen23

BC application, lost old passport and absence

Post by pelen23 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:40 pm

Hi all,

I will apply for British citizenship on basis of being married to a british citizen in November so I would like to ask you couple of questions.

1- in July 2001 ,I lost the passport I entered the UK 2001 and I reported to the police then .I still have that letter. It was long time and it is not in the qualifying period. I wondering if I still need to prove that I legally entered the uk.

2- May 2012, Went to my home town and the exit stamp still missing from there but there is uk enter stamp for that trip. I still keep boarding passes and booking confirmation.

3- Similarly , I got an Irish ( Republic of ) tourist visa in August 2013. I spent only 3 days there. However there was no border control on either sides because of Common Travel Area so no immigration stamps. I wil declare this trip anyway. I still have my hotel booking in Ireland.

4- I am not working at the moment . Can I say unemployed in section 3.1 and leave it blank the following work related sections as well?

So my question is should I write a covering letter put all the supporting documents?
I am not sure there it is a good idea to send these docs with the application since they require minimal documents for BC application.

Would NCS would help ?

any ideas?

Many thanks

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: BC application, lost old passport and absence

Post by milan69 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:53 pm

I think you should be fine and submit your current passport and I don't think that you need to submit the mentioned documents regarding your travels.
I find NCS very helpful and I recommend that you use their services.
You can say that you are unemployed as employment is not a requirement if applying as a spouse of BC.
I am sometimes wrong.

pelen23

Post by pelen23 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:29 pm

milan69 wrote:I think you should be fine and submit your current passport and I don't think that you need to submit the mentioned documents regarding your travels.
I find NCS very helpful and I recommend that you use their services.
You can say that you are unemployed as employment is not a requirement if applying as a spouse of BC.

Thanks I think I will use NSC as well. My worry is that if they don't see entry / exit stamps they come up with idea that I haven't spent enough time in the uk which I doubt they'll say that but I still I wanted to clarify everything beforehand.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:36 pm

Have you been employed at the time of your travel?
I am sometimes wrong.

pelen23

Post by pelen23 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:24 pm

[quote="milan69"]Have you been employed at the time of your travel?[/

The time when I visited my home country , yes I was employed in May 2012 but not when I visited Ireland which was last year . When I came back from my home town they stamped my passport in the uk. But when I visited Ireland there is no border control at all. But my partner and I went on holiday a few times after each occasion and I have other immigration stamps from those countries and other entry stamps at uk border. Technically I wouldn't be able to be away for a long time so they should not think that I was absent more than 270 days or anything but I just want to be on the safe side. What do you think?

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:04 pm

I think you are perfectly fine and nothing to worry about as long as you are within limits of 270 days in total in the last 3 years and 90 days in the final year.
You have to have been physically present in the UK 3 years ago on the day when you apply.
I am sometimes wrong.

pelen23

Post by pelen23 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:23 pm

milan69 wrote:I think you are perfectly fine and nothing to worry about as long as you are within limits of 270 days in total in the last 3 years and 90 days in the final year.
You have to have been physically present in the UK 3 years ago on the day when you apply.
Thank you .as you recommend I will use NCS. Hopefully it will all be fine.

pelen23

Post by pelen23 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:22 am

milan69 wrote:I think you are perfectly fine and nothing to worry about as long as you are within limits of 270 days in total in the last 3 years and 90 days in the final year.
Sorry , one last question. I am planing to apply for bc in November . Checked my passport 3 years ago i was away from 22 November 2011 till 5 December 2011 which means I need avoid those days and must not submit my application between these dates this year. Is that right ? Many thanks

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:38 am

Yes.
It is very important to have been present on the day 3 years ago otherwise your application will be rejected.
You have to take into consideration that your application will take few days to get to HO and it is the day that Home Office receives your application that counts as a day of application, not when you applied through NCS.
I am sometimes wrong.

pelen23

Post by pelen23 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:55 am

milan69 wrote:Yes.
It is very important to have been present on the day 3 years ago otherwise your application will be rejected.
You have to take into consideration that your application will take few days to get to HO and it is the day that Home Office receives your application that counts as a day of application, not when you applied through NCS.

Thanks for quick reply. I will take into consideration .