ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MY Wife left me help plz

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nigel_bytes
Newly Registered

MY Wife left me help plz

Post by nigel_bytes » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:52 pm

Help please, i met my partner via internet almost 5 years ago, shes from siberia. i paid for all flights on three occasions and almost 3 years ago we married using her fiance visa,
im english by the way.
We both lived together and then after 2 years my wife applied for lts (leave to stay) this was granted.
last month my wife left me.
so we have been married almost 3 years,
i am convinced now she married me for a visa only
After doing some homework it looks like my wife applied for her visa in moscow using falseified documents.
I love my wife very much and im in a mess now.
Someone help me plz i really dont know what to do

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:56 pm

I guess things was golden and then she just left.
Well what do you want to do. If you love her, it seems to me then you'd leave her alone and not interfer with her life as it take two to tangle
Of course if she didn't use you, then I guess you ask her to go to counseling with you but meanwhile I suggest you go to therapy

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: MY Wife left me help plz

Post by sakura » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:37 pm

nigel_bytes wrote:Help please, i met my partner via internet almost 5 years ago, shes from siberia. i paid for all flights on three occasions and almost 3 years ago we married using her fiance visa,
im english by the way.
We both lived together and then after 2 years my wife applied for lts (leave to stay) this was granted.
last month my wife left me.
so we have been married almost 3 years,
i am convinced now she married me for a visa only
After doing some homework it looks like my wife applied for her visa in moscow using falseified documents.
I love my wife very much and im in a mess now.
Someone help me plz i really dont know what to do
Ouch! That blows. Sorry, but the first thing you do is always get them to pay to come and visit you. Well anyway what's done is done.

I am confused - can you list ALL the visas she has had, and did she apply for ILR or something else? Did she leave you immediately after obtaining this visa? What falsified documents did she use?

It depends on what you want to do - if you want her back or if you just want to mess with her immigration status and get her sent back or something. Why would you ask your questions on an immigration site, rather than on a love and romance site?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:29 pm

Couple of randon thoughts...

If she's from Siberia she'd most likely have applied for her visa in Ekaterinburg.

I'm sure most visas from Russia are gained with falsified papers in someway, don't get me wrong, they're genuine in a way, no come back, but paid for! Everyone does it there believe me, it's not considered cheating at all.

Another thing is much time did u spend together face to face before marriage? Not relevent to ur questions but I'm interested to know, I like to think of myself as a bit of a guru in Anglo-Russian relationships...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:51 pm

Wanderer wrote:Couple of randon thoughts...

If she's from Siberia she'd most likely have applied for her visa in Ekaterinburg.

I'm sure most visas from Russia are gained with falsified papers in someway, don't get me wrong, they're genuine in a way, no come back, but paid for! Everyone does it there believe me, it's not considered cheating at all.

Another thing is much time did u spend together face to face before marriage? Not relevent to ur questions but I'm interested to know, I like to think of myself as a bit of a guru in Anglo-Russian relationships...
HI Wanderer, welcome to Guru Status

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:53 pm

How long from when the ILR was granted until she left?

Do appreciate that if she has been in the UK for 3 years then she is eligible to apply for Naturalisation. The separation does not alter that.
John

jimquk
United Kingdom

Post by jimquk » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:57 pm

You say you love her, so what does it matter if she came with a dodgy visa?

I think that if you wanted to get her ILR revoked, the Home Office would need some solid proof about the false documentation. A mere suspicion would not suffice.

In my opinion, you would do better just to move on rather than get into fighting and bitterness. What's to be gained?

Anyway, look after yourself.
The Refused are coming day-by-day nearer to freedom.

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:21 pm

jimquk wrote:You say you love her, so what does it matter if she came with a dodgy visa?

I think that if you wanted to get her ILR revoked, the Home Office would need some solid proof about the false documentation. A mere suspicion would not suffice.

In my opinion, you would do better just to move on rather than get into fighting and bitterness. What's to be gained?

Anyway, look after yourself.
Sometimes, when you've been used as a pawn just to obtain a red book...It isn't to move on, you know. I don't at all mean he should initiate a personal vendetta against her, but certainly, if all love's lost and she really did just use him for that, are there things he can do? What is the HO policy on these types of things (I wonder...)?

nigel_bytes
Newly Registered

Post by nigel_bytes » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:07 am

we met 5 years ago on the net.
i invited her for a holiday 1 month to start.
second visit six months.then we married
third visit permenant.
all visa applications were made in moscow.
she applied for a spouse visa on second application .
after 2 years she applied for leave to stay here,i believe that was done in durham.
1 week after she was given ils she told me she wanted a divorce.
i persuaded her not to do this.
we will be wed 3 years at the end of september.
she left me early august no explanation she just went.
now im £4K in debt thanks to her.
as for false documents all i can say is 3 years ago,
i was in recept of incapacity benefit and disabilty allowance. (figure that one out youselves if you know the rules)
so yes im really a bit pissed off.
what i am going to do i really dont know because im really devastated

nigel_bytes
Newly Registered

Post by nigel_bytes » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:15 am

Do appreciate that if she has been in the UK for 3 years then she is eligible to apply for Naturalisation. The separation does not alter that.

she has not been here 3 years, that will be in january 08

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:20 am

nigel_bytes wrote:Do appreciate that if she has been in the UK for 3 years then she is eligible to apply for Naturalisation. The separation does not alter that.

I think her six months on the visitor visa will count towards BC.

She seems to know her stuff.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:28 am

Nigel, as aggrieved as you are by your wife leaving you, I don't think there is any mileage in you trying to get her expelled from the UK. Had she actually left you one week after getting the ILR then it might have been different, but now, much later than that, I believe that there is no chance that the Home Office would revoke her ILR, or indeed decline to grant Naturalisation if she applied for it.

And as regards a Naturalisation application, even if applying on the basis of marriage to a British Citizen after just 3 years in the UK, she does not need your consent for that application to proceed, and you do not need to sign the form, or even ever see it.

In short Nigel, stop considering the immigration aspect of this.
John

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:53 am

nigel_bytes wrote:Do appreciate that if she has been in the UK for 3 years then she is eligible to apply for Naturalisation. The separation does not alter that.

Since you didn't post timelines, no one knows excatly what you mean. All valid visas count towards naturalisation, including visit visas and anything else she had. So all she needs is to have been physically present in the UK for 3 years - whether or not she was married to you for 3 whole years is irrelevant. Did she take the Life in the UK test for ILR?

As for the debt.....do you mean she applied for them without your consent? Since that isn't an immigration issue, I suggest you find a way to sort that out asap before it gets any higher.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:14 pm

sakura wrote:As for the debt.....do you mean she applied for them without your consent? Since that isn't an immigration issue, I suggest you find a way to sort that out asap before it gets any higher.
Another vote for my prospective partner visa with it's 2k bond. Too many guys are going into debt to marry people they hardly know. If you can't afford it - don't do it. International dating is an expensive game.

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:31 pm

Nigel - I agree with John: the immigration aspect of all this is secondary, really. It may well be that she will be eligible shortly to apply for naturalisation whatever the state or status of your marriage, and if this is the case there's little to be gained in pursuing the matter along those lines. Of course, you might be able to prove (even to the satisfaction of a court) that she obtained her visa fraudulently, but if so you've got to ask yourself whether it's worth spending the next X years of your life pursuing the matter in this way. Only you can decide that, of course.

Much more important, it seems to me, is to set about mending your own heart and putting your life back together again. Whether you want to see if that life can include her is, again, up to you, but in either case it is going to take some work on your part. (That said, taking what you say at face value, I'd say it seems unlikely that it will include her...)

What has happened is clearly devastating and a personal tragedy for you, but the thing now is to start from where you are and work towards resolving things in your own mind for your life ahead.

[Sorry - off the soap box now.]

All the best.

RayJay

Post by RayJay » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:53 pm

nigel_bytes wrote:we met 5 years ago on the net.
i invited her for a holiday 1 month to start.
second visit six months.then we married
third visit permenant.
all visa applications were made in moscow.
she applied for a spouse visa on second application .
after 2 years she applied for leave to stay here,i believe that was done in durham.
1 week after she was given ils she told me she wanted a divorce.
i persuaded her not to do this.
we will be wed 3 years at the end of september.
she left me early august no explanation she just went.
now im £4K in debt thanks to her.
as for false documents all i can say is 3 years ago,
i was in recept of incapacity benefit and disabilty allowance. (figure that one out youselves if you know the rules)
so yes im really a bit pissed off.
what i am going to do i really dont know because im really devastated
Hi
I agree with some of the replies given to you. what I gatherd from your post is that you are more worried on financial side( I might be totally worng).
Well,If this the case and you can prove that the money you spent on her was as loan to her then you might be able to make small court claim (once she is in UK obviously. I have seen couples claims and it usually produces very fruitful results.

Ray

LUCKY1
Newly Registered

Post by LUCKY1 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:56 pm

[ EDIT by the Admin : 'Lucky' - don't bother posting at all if you have to be this vile. ]