ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RECENT DELAYS IN WORKPERMIT APPLICATION PROCESSES

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Vravi2007
Newly Registered

RECENT DELAYS IN WORKPERMIT APPLICATION PROCESSES

Post by Vravi2007 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:59 pm

HAI, MY EMPLOYER IS A FASTFOOD AMERICAN RESTAURANT WHICH HAS APPLIED FOR MY WORKPERMIT ON JULY 31, 2007. SO FAR NO DECISION HAS BEEN MADE. I SPOKE TO A SOLICITOR WHO SAYS THERE ARE HUGE DELAYS. THE WORKPERMITS, GOVERNMENT WEBSITE ALSO PLACED A NOTIFICATION THAT THE WAIT IS 15 WORKING DAYS. IS IT THE SAME FOR EVERYONE OR JUST ME :(

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: RECENT DELAYS IN WORKPERMIT APPLICATION PROCESSES

Post by Wanderer » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:06 pm

Vravi2007 wrote:HAI, MY EMPLOYER IS A FASTFOOD AMERICAN RESTAURANT WHICH HAS APPLIED FOR MY WORKPERMIT ON JULY 31, 2007. SO FAR NO DECISION HAS BEEN MADE. I SPOKE TO A SOLICITOR WHO SAYS THERE ARE HUGE DELAYS. THE WORKPERMITS, GOVERNMENT WEBSITE ALSO PLACED A NOTIFICATION THAT THE WAIT IS 15 WORKING DAYS. IS IT THE SAME FOR EVERYONE OR JUST ME :(
Work permit for what kind of job?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Vravi2007
Newly Registered

Post by Vravi2007 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:15 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Vravi2007 wrote:HAI, MY EMPLOYER IS A FASTFOOD AMERICAN RESTAURANT WHICH HAS APPLIED FOR MY WORKPERMIT ON JULY 31, 2007. SO FAR NO DECISION HAS BEEN MADE. I SPOKE TO A SOLICITOR WHO SAYS THERE ARE HUGE DELAYS. THE WORKPERMITS, GOVERNMENT WEBSITE ALSO PLACED A NOTIFICATION THAT THE WAIT IS 15 WORKING DAYS. IS IT THE SAME FOR EVERYONE OR JUST ME :(

it is a change of employment. currently i am working on a five year wp1 job as manager for a restaurant and i am moving to a different employer
. it is not application for new workpermit. i already completed 2 years on current workpermit

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:11 pm

Vravi2007 wrote:
Wanderer wrote:

it is a change of employment. currently i am working on a five year wp1 job as manager for a restaurant and i am moving to a different employer
. it is not application for new workpermit. i already completed 2 years on current workpermit
It is a new work permit if it's a new employer.

I didn't think ur kind of job would be elligable for work permit, how did they show no local person was suitable?

Vravi2007
Newly Registered

Post by Vravi2007 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:21 pm

It is a new work permit if it's a new employer.

I didn't think ur kind of job would be elligable for work permit, how did they show no local person was suitable?[/quote]

IF YOU DONT HAVE WORKPERMIT KNOWLEDGE, PLEASE DONT TALK. DO YOU KNOW THE CRITERIA FOR WORKPERMIT APPLICATIONS?
MOREOVER IT IS MY MISTAKE TO PUT A POST IN THIS FORUM.

PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR POSTING HERE.[/b]

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:36 pm

Look Pal, new Employer equals new Work Permit no way round that.

Last time I checked working at MacDonalds wasn't the type of job that you can get a work permit for, manager or not.

Stranger things have happened tho.

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:22 pm

Vravi2007 wrote:IF YOU DONT HAVE WORKPERMIT KNOWLEDGE, PLEASE DONT TALK. DO YOU KNOW THE CRITERIA FOR WORKPERMIT APPLICATIONS?
MOREOVER IT IS MY MISTAKE TO PUT A POST IN THIS FORUM.

PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR POSTING HERE.[/b]
Sorry to be snotty, but;
1. everyone is entitled to write what they want on this board (within reason, of course) - no one has the right to tell others not to write just because it isn't what they wanted to read.
it is not application for new workpermit. i already completed 2 years on current workpermit
2. As wanderer wrote - if it is a new employer, you have to apply for a new work permit. Or to be more precise - your new employer has to apply for a new work permit for you. You have to apply for FLR.

As for the delay - can't be certain. What were the requirements for the job (education, salary, skills)? Although it's only been 25 days...not much of a big delay is it?

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:19 pm

Last time I checked working at MacDonalds wasn't the type of job that you can get a work permit for, manager or not
You can get a permit for a manager in MacDonalds, to use them just as an example, if the employer says the job requires a person with at least three years' relevant experience using skills gained at NVQ level 3 or above. It is possible an employer could convince that a manager post is a skilled job that can't be done by anyone off the street, but needs experience.

If you don't agree with that Wanderer, because you don't think the job of fast food restaurant manager is skilled enough, well that means lots of employers must be lying through their teeth to get their work permits.

Anyway, you may want to have a look at the casworker guidance for restaurant jobs which is dated July 2006, after the OP got the last permit.

On the original point, a new application for a permit from an employer who hasn't made one before could take longer, they have to provide lots of stuff the first time around. Also, the criteria may have changed since the original permit was approved, so it doesn't mean a new permit for a new employer would be approved as a matter of course, for example, minimum salaries may have gone up.

The 15 days that was mentioned is just the target for decisions on 90% of cases, 10% can take longer than 15 working days according to the targets. This is the same target for every WP application.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:27 pm

Vravi2007

Just looked at the announcement dated 23/07/2007 you were referring to, it isn't saying there are delays. Those targets are the same as they have always been as far as I am aware. It is asking people not to ring constantly chasing their case, but give the business team at least a week before ringing up.

Also, you seem to have left your caps lock on accidently earlier.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:28 pm

I stand corrected!

Vravi2007
Newly Registered

Post by Vravi2007 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:32 pm