ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT..!! Switching Dependent to Main Applicant Possible?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Malarvizhi
Newly Registered

URGENT..!! Switching Dependent to Main Applicant Possible?

Post by Malarvizhi » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:03 pm

Hi Immigration Board Experts

Please advice me is that possible to switch from Tier 2 Dependent to Main Applicant??

I'm in Tier 2 General Visa for last one year till now, my present employer just gave me notice to look after some other employer. I lost my job now. But my husband is working in contract job. Actually I did my Masters here in UK and my husband did his Bachelors of Engineering in India. One of the employer is ready to give COS for my husband. What we are planning is getting COS for my husband here and going to India and apply from there. Please advice me is that possible to switch over Tier 2 dependent to Main applicant(My Husband) and Tier 2 Main Applicant to Dependent(Me)?

Also if it is possible to apply from India, please tell me what are the documents needed to apply including maintenance fund??

I appreciate if you respond to my query.

Regards
Malar

vinny

Re: URGENT..!! Switching Dependent to Main Applicant Possibl

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:44 am

Switching from Tier 2 dependant to Tier 2 (General) - No, as 245HD(b) fails.

However, switching to Teir 2 dependant - Possible under 319C.

Tier 2 (General) visa may be applied from India.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.