ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea family permit for my mother in law

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DALILA0512
Newly Registered

eea family permit for my mother in law

Post by DALILA0512 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:58 am

hello,im new here so im sorry if do ask again about this topic discussed so many times.
im a french citizen living in the uk for 12 year and my husband is dominican,he joined me 18 month ago with a eea spouse visa without any problem.he's got his 5 year residency very easily,so we were quite lucky.
the issue now is for my mother in law,we do have a 8 month old baby and im going back to work soon and i can't afford to pay a nursery or childminder.
so we thought that the best solution will be having my husband mother here.
at the moment my husband send her money every month so she can pay her bills there,so financially she survive with our money.
we will aplply in the next 2 month and any advice will be welcome.
thanks

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:04 pm

Hi DALILA0512,
Directive 2004/38/EC, § 2(2) wrote:"Family member" means:
(a) the spouse;
(b) the partner with whom the Union citizen has contracted a registered partnership, on the
basis of the legislation of a Member State, if the legislation of the host Member State
treats registered partnerships as equivalent to marriage and in accordance with the
conditions laid down in the relevant legislation of the host Member State;
(c) the direct descendants who are under the age of 21 or are dependants and those of the
spouse or partner as defined in point (b);
(d) the dependent direct relatives in the ascending line and those of the spouse or partner as
defined in point (b);
So yes, your mother in law has the right of residence in the UK.

She should apply for an EEA Family Permit at her nearest issuing post as the family member of a French national who has acquired the right of permanent residence in the UK.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

DALILA0512
Newly Registered

Post by DALILA0512 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:13 pm

thanks a lot for your reply
do we need some proof regarding the money we send monthly?

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:32 pm

DALILA0512 wrote:thanks a lot for your reply
do we need some proof regarding the money we send monthly?
Yes, most definitely. Proof that your mother in law is dependant on you (or your husband) is mandatory.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

DALILA0512
Newly Registered

Post by DALILA0512 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:01 pm

we do have some WESTERN UNION receipt so hopefully it will be enough :)

EkatNYC
Newly Registered

Re: eea family permit for my mother in law

Post by EkatNYC » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:13 pm

Guys, I was wondering if you could help me out. We are sending EEA 2 for my mother who is a US citizen, and my husband is Dutch, (so we are applying as EEA family member dependent). Should we send my husband's Dutch passport or a copy will be sufficient. Also, my birth certificate (proof that she is my mother), shows my mothers maiden name. Do you think that will be a problem?
Many thanks!