ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused Mom !!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

summer08

Confused Mom !!

Post by summer08 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:18 am

I only know my previous employer in this country who is director of a limited company and has known me for more than 3 yrs as professional referee and he has refused to respond when I have asked him to act as a referee because I moved to another employer in another city one year ago !! Do I have any option and can I apply for my child 12 yrs old who was born abroad for BC alone?
We hold ILR for more than one year after T1 general visa.
Any advice is much appreciated.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Confused Mom !!

Post by Jambo » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:59 am

The referee doesn't need to know you in a professional capacity. He just needs to be a professional. Any friend (who is a teacher, accountant etc) can do it.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

summer08

Post by summer08 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:53 am

Jambo wrote:The referee doesn't need to know you in a professional capacity. He just needs to be a professional. Any friend (who is a teacher, accountant etc) can do it.
Many thanks for your reply. our neighbor in my previous address working for Marines ( Royal navy) but I don't know what's his profession exactly! Can he do it ? and can my child apply for registration only as I can ask his teacher to act as referee for him?
Please advise.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:36 pm

First referee can be Member of Her Majesty’s Armed Forces.
I am sometimes wrong.

nemo999
United Kingdom

Post by nemo999 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:47 pm

As far as I am aware, there is no requirement for children to have referee, if that's what your last question was!

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:56 pm

nemo999 wrote:As far as I am aware, there is no requirement for children to have referee, if that's what your last question was!
That is not correct.

nemo999
United Kingdom

Post by nemo999 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:55 am

akhurshid wrote:
nemo999 wrote:As far as I am aware, there is no requirement for children to have referee, if that's what your last question was!
That is not correct.

My bad, seems like you do need referee for children as well. :roll: