ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job Offer- How I ask for sponsorship and RLMT- Please Help

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

oadamson
Newly Registered

Job Offer- How I ask for sponsorship and RLMT- Please Help

Post by oadamson » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:26 am

Dear All,

I need some tips on how to ask a company for sponsorship. I am currently on a sponsored Tier 2 General and have been offered a better job but didn't disclose my visa details.

Now I have an offer in writing, should I accept the offer then ask for sponsorship or discuss sponsorship before accepting the offer? The new company is on the Tier 2 sponsor list;
Also the job was advertised on indeed and the company's official website and they interviewed for the role. Can they use these to pass the RLMT or do they need to do all this afresh?

Surely, there is someone who has experienced this situation before- any suggestions will help.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Job Offer- How I ask for sponsorship and RLMT- Please He

Post by manci » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:15 pm

Even if the company made you a job offer they wouldn't be allowed to employ you without sponsorship.

If they are licenced sponsors they should know how to carry out an RLMT. If you want to look it up It is in the T2 sponsor guidance:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 4_v1_1.pdf