ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ali45

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by ali45 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:54 pm

Best of Luck mate
Brainliar wrote:Yeah I apllied earlier than 28 days .lets we what happens . :?

saleem19k

Post by saleem19k » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:50 pm

Salam Shahjee,
Thanks for reply shahjee and Uni/soldier. I done my Master from UK and shahjee I want to ask any limit (certain amount) on bank statement. Shahjee do I need solicitor letter for application or not? ....... I got 3 points on driving licence and my friend told me Home office take these things seriously... any idea...?

Kind Regards,
Saleem

hadi2012

Post by hadi2012 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:55 pm

hadi2012 wrote:
hadi2012 wrote:
october2013 wrote:Pls can someone advise me pls. I have read the guidance that I can vary my application, is this true and uncomplicated?
I am struggling to complete the fees for LR. I applied for FLR O, got declined and appealed, had d hearing but awaiting the decision. I am now 10 yrs. Can I vary the initial appeal n pay the difference in cost? And how do I vary the application?
Hi I applied for set ilr (ilr 10 year long residance ) . 1:- post application on 13/10/2014 . 2:-fee by direct debit on 15/10/2014 . I received acknow dated 15/10/2014 today(22/10/2014). Can some body update my detail on google drive. With thanks. Hadi

Scorpion_uk
Newly Registered

Post by Scorpion_uk » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:57 pm

Dear All,

I sent my application for ILR in LR category back in Sep and sent a request to expedite my application couple of weeks ago on compassionate grounds(close family member's health condition). I have received a letter in response to my request from HO who are asking for medical documents in support of my request to be expedited which isn't a problem.

However, my only concern is that letter in response to my request has been sent by a senior caseworker?

My understanding was that senior caseworkers only deal with either complicated applications or applications which get referred by other caseworkers for additional check?

Can anyone share their personal experience who has had successfully expedited their case in regards to if it was decided by a senior caseworker/Team leader etc?

Many Thanks

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:18 pm

Hello Mate,

only Senior case worker can decide if your application be expedite or not. So if you have a genuine reason to expedite your application please provide him with documentary prove so he should allocate your case to a case worker.

Hope this helps.

Scorpion_uk wrote:Dear All,

I sent my application for ILR in LR category back in Sep and sent a request to expedite my application couple of weeks ago on compassionate grounds(close family member's health condition). I have received a letter in response to my request from HO who are asking for medical documents in support of my request to be expedited which isn't a problem.

However, my only concern is that letter in response to my request has been sent by a senior caseworker?

My understanding was that senior caseworkers only deal with either complicated applications or applications which get referred by other caseworkers for additional check?

Can anyone share their personal experience who has had successfully expedited their case in regards to if it was decided by a senior caseworker/Team leader etc?

Many Thanks
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

makbar53667
Newly Registered

Post by makbar53667 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:06 am

Hi Everyone,

Hope all are ok and doing fine. I need some information about ILR application on 10 year basis. I am completely legal in UK from last 10 years. I can apply for the ILR from December 2014 on-wards but I have a issue which is I went back to my home country for holidays for 2 months. Unfortunately I had an accident there and I could not able to come back to UK within in 6 month period. I stayed there for 9 months but I had visa when I was leaving from UK and came back on the same visa. Now this is my genuine problem I am confused now how can I apply for the ILR as these medical circumstance were not in my control. Can I still apply for the ILR now or not? Is there any flexibility or clause in law about special medical circumstances.

Please everyone help me in this your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:25 am

makbar53667 wrote:Hi Everyone,

Hope all are ok and doing fine. I need some information about ILR application on 10 year basis. I am completely legal in UK from last 10 years. I can apply for the ILR from December 2014 on-wards but I have a issue which is I went back to my home country for holidays for 2 months. Unfortunately I had an accident there and I could not able to come back to UK within in 6 month period. I stayed there for 9 months but I had visa when I was leaving from UK and came back on the same visa. Now this is my genuine problem I am confused now how can I apply for the ILR as these medical circumstance were not in my control. Can I still apply for the ILR now or not? Is there any flexibility or clause in law about special medical circumstances.

Thanks.
That's not a problem. If you send your application along with the documentary evidence of your long stay in your home country on the basis of medical ground then HO will accept this as a compassionate/ compelling circumstances.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:01 am

Arsal385 wrote:

Thanks.
That's not a problem. If you send your application along with the documentary evidence of your long stay in your home country on the basis of medical ground then HO will accept this as a compassionate/ compelling circumstances.
Agree with @Arsal385. A friend of mine got stuck in India due to mother's illness for over 9 months and he was granted ILR after presenting documentary evidence.

makbar53667
Newly Registered

Post by makbar53667 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:57 am

Hi Dear,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

hadi2012

Post by hadi2012 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:10 pm

[[/b]
fielddrive wrote:
Arsal385 wrote:

Thanks.
Agree with @Arsal385. A friend of mine got stuck in India due to mother's illness for over 9 months and he was granted ILR after presenting documentary evidence.
hi ARSAL385 Can you update my detail on google drive [Hi I applied for set ilr (ilr 10 year long residance ) . 1:- post application on 13/10/2014 . 2:-fee by direct debit on 15/10/2014 . I received acknow dated 15/10/2014 today Can some body update my detail on google drive. With thanks. Hadi/u]

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:34 pm

saleem19k wrote:Salam Shahjee,
Thanks for reply shahjee and Uni/soldier. I done my Master from UK and shahjee I want to ask any limit (certain amount) on bank statement. Shahjee do I need solicitor letter for application or not? ....... I got 3 points on driving licence and my friend told me Home office take these things seriously... any idea...?

Kind Regards,
Saleem
Hi Saleem bahi,
No there is no limit on the amount of funds to be kept in the account, as you are not bound to providing any bank statements, so how will the Home Office know how much funds you have in your account.
It is a very simple application, we are here to guide you through that, why would you need the assistance of a solicitor, or a solicitors letter for instant.
Regards to points on your driving licence, that is nothing, better declare that, it is not some thing that serious which will effect your long residency case. Stop listening to the stories from others, every one have their individual case, and that is how they are decided. Stay positive and focused, and feel free to ask questions, that is the main reason why we are all together here. You can see that there are many kind members who give their time and energy to answer queries and concerns of our members.
All the best with your application.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

apex221

Post by apex221 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:48 pm

Am I right in thinking none have received any decision on their application this week? :roll:

aampublic18
Newly Registered

Post by aampublic18 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:45 pm

Dear members,

I have a query

what is my dependent legal status??. Currently she is in tier 2 PBS dependent which will run out on march'2015..?? I've got my ILR on 1st october'14 on Long residence basis...

when she suppose to apply for FLR(M)

Expert advice needed..

Thanks

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:17 pm

aampublic18 wrote:Dear members,

I have a query

what is my dependent legal status??. Currently she is in tier 2 PBS dependent which will run out on march'2015..?? I've got my ILR on 1st october'14 on Long residence basis...

Expert advice
Hello,
I will suggest you apply for her to change from dependent of tier 2 to dependent of ILR since you have already obtained your ILR on 1st of October 2014.
Last edited by Spatacus on Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:20 pm

apex221 wrote:Am I right in thinking none have received any decision on their application this week? :roll:
Hello apex221,
You are write to say we have not heard any good news this week from any forum members yet especially the July applicants. Hopefully by the end of tomorrow we might just have a member who will share his/her good news.
Last edited by Spatacus on Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:20 pm

I have a query

Expert advice needed..

Thanks
You need to apply for her visa ASAP, as she is no longer dependant of Tier 2 PBS. She is now a dependant of settled person and needs to change her visa through FLR (M) application. You need to show financial, English language and other requirements for her as stated in FLR (M) form. Also bear in mind once she gets visa on FLR (M), her previous stay in the UK will be disregarded and she will need to complete 5 years in the UK from the date of her new visa in order to get ILR.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:31 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
saleem19k wrote:Salam Shahjee,

Kind Regards,
Saleem
Hi Saleem bahi,
No there is no limit on the amount of funds to be kept in the account, as you are not bound to providing any bank statements, so how will the Home Office know how much funds you have in your account.
It is a very simple application, we are here to guide you through that, why would you need the assistance of a solicitor, or a solicitors letter for instant.
Regards to points on your driving licence, that is nothing, better declare that, it is not some thing that serious which will effect your long residency case. Stop listening to the stories from others, every one have their individual case, and that is how they are decided. Stay positive and focused, and feel free to ask questions, that is the main reason why we are all together here. You can see that there are many kind members who give their time and energy to answer queries and concerns of our members.
All the best with your application.
Kind regards
Shahjee
I completely agree with Shahjee.

october2013

Post by october2013 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:57 pm

Can someone please advise me. I want to apply for my ILR based on 10 years rule. I am still waiting for the decision of my appeal from a previous application (been waiting for 3 months now).
I spoke to a solicitor today who said I need to wait for the decision of the appeal that I cannot apply until I get the decision.
Is this true n correct?

aampublic18
Newly Registered

Post by aampublic18 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:22 pm

Spatacus wrote:

I have a query

Expert advice
Hello,
I will suggest you apply for her to change from dependent of tier 2 to dependent of ILR since you have already obtained your ILR on 1st of October 2014.

thanks for ur reply.. is there any 28 days rule apply on her .. coz i m planning to apply for her by the end of november..

saleem19k

Post by saleem19k » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:49 pm

Hi Shahjee,
Thanks for reply and really appreciate your contribution on this forum. I still got time to apply, If I need any information will raise my question here.

Kind Regards,

Saleem

gulll

Post by gulll » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:17 am

hi guys, want to share some good news with you.
I did apply ILR (LR) on 11th July 2014, got my approval today on 23rd of October 2014.
a quick brief about my case. I was on section 3c 3d for the past few months as my last extension for Tier 1 general was refused. I still have pending appeal. My application took an interesting turn as I was preparing myself for appeal hearing on 24th of october but just a day before it, got approval letter.
Unlike other people suggesting withdrawal of appeal, I did't withdraw my appeal but instead applied long residence soon after completion of my tenth year.

my time line is.
applied: 11th july 2014
acknowledgement letter received: 14th july 2014
biometrics done on: 13th August 2014
Approval letter received on: 23rd October 2014

ali45

Post by ali45 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:29 am

Congratulation brother ....did u applied 28days earlier or on completion of full 10 years.. congrats again
gulll wrote:hi guys, want to share some good news with you.
I did apply ILR (LR) on 11th July 2014, got my approval today on 23rd of October 2014.
a quick brief about my case. I was on section 3c 3d for the past few months as my last extension for Tier 1 general was refused. I still have pending appeal. My application took an interesting turn as I was preparing myself for appeal hearing on 24th of october but just a day before it, got approval letter.
Unlike other people suggesting withdrawal of appeal, I did't withdraw my appeal but instead applied long residence soon after completion of my tenth year.

my time line is.

gulll

Post by gulll » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:34 am

thanks for your wishes.
I did apply after completion of full 10 years not before 28 days.
ali45 wrote:Congratulation brother ....did u applied 28days earlier or on completion of full 10 years.. congrats again

my time line is.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:37 am

my time line is.

Hello gulll, Weldone and DOUBLE congratulations for the approval of your appeal and for the approval of ILR. God works in a way we humans can't comprehend. You are now free from immigration control. Enjoy your freedom and remain blessed.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:52 am

my time line is.
congrats @gulll