ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

switching work permit (WP) to HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tom_hungston

switching work permit (WP) to HSMP

Post by tom_hungston » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:07 pm

Hi all,

I'm currently living in UK on a 5 years work permit (since july 2005).
and I'm thinking to apply for HSMP, now I have a question.

- if my HSMP application gets approved, would my counter towards my ILR gets reset...? mean i'd have to wait another 4 or 5 years from the date HSMP gets approved...?

- if my HSMP application gets rejected, would I need to apply for work permit or my existing work pertmit won't be affected by this

Thank you very much guys for all your help.

God bless you all.

gordon

Post by gordon » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:26 pm

You'll be able to amalgamate your time on WP and HSMP to qualify for ILR so long as your ILR application is made while on HSMP; I think the ILR clock is only implicitly reset if you switch your leave in the opposite direction, from HSMP to WP, and apply while on the latter. AG

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:40 pm

1. U could amagaete time spent under WP & HSMP to reach 5 years for ILR however and your clock toward 5 years ILR will not be reset. However most recent time must be spent under HSMP.

2. No U do not. U could still continue working under WP and once U reach 5 years un2der WP U couls still paply for ILR.
1. if my HSMP application gets approved, would my counter towards my ILR gets reset...? mean i'd have to wait another 4 or 5 years from the date HSMP gets approved...?

2. if my HSMP application gets rejected, would I need to apply for work permit or my existing work pertmit won't be affected by this
Pantaiema

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:28 am

Agree with pantaiema
pantaiema wrote:1. U could amagaete time spent under WP & HSMP to reach 5 years for ILR however and your clock toward 5 years ILR will not be reset. However most recent time must be spent under HSMP.

2. No U do not. U could still continue working under WP and once U reach 5 years un2der WP U couls still paply for ILR.

cagrawal

clock reset

Post by cagrawal » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:17 pm

Hi,

If you switch from WP to HSMP your clock doesnt get reset, however if you swicth from HSMP to WP, ur clock does get reset. So please ensure that you dont switch back to WP from HSMP.

Chandan

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:48 pm

With the new proposal as per the below excerpts, now it seems that the clock will not be reset and you can obtain ILR even if you switch from HSMP to WP. This is good news for those HSMP holders not meeting 75 points and hoping to switch to WP.

*Time spent in any Highly Skilled sub-category
except Post-Study Work will count towards the
period the person needs to be here for before
being eligible to apply for settlement in the
Highly Skilled or Skilled tiers (currently 5
years).

*We will introduce a new provision enabling people who have had leave in HSMP to be able to count that time towards the threshold for being able to apply for settlement from Work Permits (Tier 2).
HSMP leave will count towards the threshold for being able to apply for settlement from the Highly Skilled: General sub-category.
once they are implemented.