ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Funds

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

craigi
Newly Registered

Maintenance Funds

Post by craigi » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:59 pm

Hi All
My wife is preparing to submit her citizenship application based on her being married to a (hopefully soon to be) British citizen. For the English knowledge component we have the printout from the Tier 1 (General) points based calculator showing her Hong Kong University degree on the approved list. The last page of that printout has a section on maintenance funds and mentions a figure of £945 to have been the minimum balance in the bank account. I'm fairly confident that it doesn't come into consideration, but do they look at that section at all?? There is no other information provided on that 6 page PDF but you can't get it without answering yes/no to the question about maintenance funds, if you answer no then there are words to the effect that you are not suitable on the printout which may/may not influence the case worker. Can somebody confirm for us please that all they take into consideration in that document is that the degree is on the list.
Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Maintenance Funds

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:46 pm

Maintenance funds is not a requirement for naturalisation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

craigi
Newly Registered

BC referees

Post by craigi » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:00 pm

Hi All
My wife is already filling out her British citizenship even though she can't submit it before the end of January. She is keen to get the referees to sign it in the next week or 2. Is there a time frame before the submission of the form where it is acceptable for referees to sign??
Cheers
Craig

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: BC referees

Post by Jambo » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:22 pm

6 months.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

craigi
Newly Registered

My wifes citizenship application

Post by craigi » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:42 am

Hi All

I am Australian born and received UK citizenship and passport in October/November 2014. My wife is eligible to apply for UK citizenship on 27th January (arrived in UK 26 January 2012) and we are filling in the paperwork now. Question 1.34 is about my nationality and I just wanted to confirm that we put British nationality with naturalization date and certificate number??

Cheers
Craig