ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application, no photos except referees page?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Maxwell

Naturalisation application, no photos except referees page?

Post by Maxwell » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:07 am

Hello

Just wanted to confirm, usually they asked to send several photos for visa applications.
Looks like I don't need to send any photos for Naturalisation application on Form AN except one photo which is attached on page which is signed by two referees? Do I understand correct? I send only one photo attached to this page and no other photos?

Thanks for your help! :)

pelen23

Re: Naturalisation application, no photos except referees pa

Post by pelen23 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:46 am

Maxwell wrote:Hello

Just wanted to confirm, usually they asked to send several photos for visa applications.
Looks like I don't need to send any photos for Naturalisation application on Form AN except one photo which is attached on page which is signed by two referees? Do I understand correct? I send only one photo attached to this page and no other photos?

It isn't really clear whether we need to get one of our referees to sing the back of the photos or not but it seems like some NCSs do require it so to be on the safe side get one of your referees to sign it.

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:22 am

Maxwell wrote:Hello

Below is what the AN form says. Just write your name and dob. Photo needs to be glued before referees fill the page.
Please write your name and date of birth on the back of a photograph of yourself. This
should then be glued or pasted into the space aside.
This part of the form is to be filled in by your referees once your photograph has been
affixed aside as explained above. Your referees should read page 11 of the guide to
confirm that they are eligible. Checks will be carried out to ensure that referees meet
the requirements below and their signatures are genuine, and we may contact them
as part of our enquiries

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:53 am

Referee needs to sign the photo only when you apply for passport, not naturalization.
I am sometimes wrong.

t123456789

Post by t123456789 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:27 am

The only reason your name and DOB must be on the back of the photo is because sometimes the photo becomes separated from the application. So when they find a random photo they need the name to put it back together with your application.

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:53 pm

So, to sum it up.

I only need to send one photo in total (attached to referee page) with my Naturalisation application on Form AN. Correct? :roll: :)

t123456789

Post by t123456789 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:34 pm

Maxwell wrote:So, to sum it up.

I only need to send one photo in total (attached to referee page) with my Naturalisation application on Form AN. Correct? :roll: :)
Yes, but you (or someone else) needs to write your name and DOB on the back.

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:22 pm

Yea, thanks.

Managed to do it myself. Two university degrees helped a lot! :lol:

Just wanted to check with photo because usually they asked to send couple of photos in the past.

Ok, got it! :lol:

t123456789

Post by t123456789 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:32 pm

Maxwell wrote:Yea, thanks.

Managed to do it myself. Two university degrees helped a lot! :lol:

Just wanted to check with photo because usually they asked to send couple of photos in the past.

Ok, got it! :lol:
After being conditioned to expect to provide copious amounts of documentation for visas, the amount of documentation for naturalisation is quite underwhelming. :)

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:29 am

My thoughts exactly! :shock:

It is British humor, probably.

So, you can tell anyone - oh, you know, it is very easy and straightforward application. Especially after having about five visa applications and ILR application.

:shock: :lol:

travelerzee

Post by travelerzee » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:29 pm

Agree with you both! I am scared that I have missed something because the required documents seems rather limited! I think i might take P60s for the past three years with me to my NCS appointment- just in case :?