ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

friday

British passport application

Post by friday » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:21 pm

Hi All,

I will apply for the British passport soon after attending the BC ceremony soon, I hope. So it will be kind of you if you can advice on the following points:

1- What is the fastest approach to get the passport? I am aware of check and send, but are there are any faster methods?

2- Can I download the passport application form the internet instead of the post office? Do I need to pay the post office to get the application?

3- Do I need to send my current passport? I have another passport which I first used to enter UK but it is cancelled now, do I need to send it also?

4- Do I need to send my ILR card?

5- How new should be the photos? Can I use the photos similar to those that I used for BC (i.e. ~4 months old)? I am concerned that the officer will realize that I used the same photos?!

6- Can I choose the interview date? or they just appoint one for me randomly?

7- How long the passport will be valid?

Sorry for the all these questions.

Thank you in advance.

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: British passport application

Post by milan69 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:05 pm

1. Check and send.
2. Post office
3. You need to send your current passport.
5.You can use your nauralisation photos.
6. You will receive a letter and then you will make an appointment.
7. 10 years.
I am sometimes wrong.