ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (General- Extensions) with wife as dependent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sussexguy

Tier 2 (General- Extensions) with wife as dependent

Post by sussexguy » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:51 am

Hello,

I want to use the Online application for extending Tier 2(General) with the same employer. I have one dependent - my wife, who has joined me last year after our wedding. She arrived an a dependent VISA of mine (under Tier 2 (General) as well) and now will put an extension application at the same time, as me.

I have only one question on the online form which I don't know how to answer. Under 'Dependent' tab, there is a question : 'Has this dependent lived with you for the last 5 years (or from birth, if they are less than 5 years old)?'

My wife became my wife only less than 2 years ago, and therefore she was not residing with me before last year. If I say 'NO' to the above question it then asks another question where it expects me to provide a previous UK address and move in and move out dates.
I have tried entering her home address in India, but it wouldn't accept that. Unless, I should say 'YES' on the basis that my wife, as my dependent' is less than 5 years old- does sound somewhat wrong.

What have people done to address this?
Attachments
T2_dependent1.png
T2_dependent1.png (182.32 KiB) Viewed 417 times

testdriveuser
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 (General- Extensions) with wife as dependent

Post by testdriveuser » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:28 pm

Hello Friend,

I have the same concern as you had.

What did you eventually selected and submitted?

Thanks

testdriveuser
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 (General- Extensions) with wife as dependent

Post by testdriveuser » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:41 pm

Hello Sussexguy,

Please can you assist.

Thank you