ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referees for naturalization appliation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

guyinlondon

Referees for naturalization appliation

Post by guyinlondon » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:16 am

Dear Experts,

Please help me out.

I am slightly confused.

My two referees are as below.

Referee 1 : Family Friend, Professional: Network Engineer,Age 33 (British Citizen)
Referee 1 : Friend, Professional: Head Of IT,Age 39 (British Citizen)

Guys please confirm if these referees are OK for me to use. My application is after two days so it would be great if some one can respond to my question asap.

Thanks for your help guys in advance,

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Referees for naturalization appliation

Post by fwd079 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:37 am

Please click here for the list of professionals.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

t123456789

Post by t123456789 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:53 am

One referee must belong to a professional body, this is very unusual for anyone in IT. Often (but not always) these professions start with Royal College of ... or Charted Institute of ....

guyinlondon

Post by guyinlondon » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:58 am

Hi mate,

Thanks for the link.

From the link i am not able to determine whether they are eligible to become my referee or not.

Both my referee holds British citizenship of them have engineering qualification as below.

1st referee : Bachelor of engineering (BEng)
2nd referee: Bachelor of Technology (BTech)

Please confirm if it's ok to use them as referee.

Thanks,

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Post by go2khurram » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:06 am

List provided by home office is only for guidance. I got my naturalization and my both referee was my co-worker any none of them was members of any professional bodies. One of them was not even British citizen . I personally know many other friends in office who got the naturalization and they did the same. As long as one of you referee is British citizen and other is working in any reasonable position then you should be okay provided meeting all other requirements.
*please do not take this as professional advice**

t123456789

Post by t123456789 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:09 am

go2khurram wrote:List provided by home office is only for guidance. I got my naturalization and my both referee was my co-worker any none of them was members of any professional bodies. One of them was not even British citizen . I personally know many other friends in office who got the naturalization and they did the same. As long as one of you referee is British citizen and other is working in any reasonable position then you should be okay provided meeting all other requirements.
This is true. They also seldom contact the referees and if they do they'll probably contact the one with a British passport first. I assume what they do is look up the passport number and compare the name and signature. On the other hand the professional referee could be anyone in the world, making it hard to verify.

Also in the absolute (and unlikely) worst case scenario, they'll write to you and ask you to provide a new referee.

guyinlondon

Post by guyinlondon » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:10 am

Thanks go2khurram.

Even i thought same. Just wanted someone's confirmation who have experienced similar sort of circumstances.

Thanks once again.

guyinlondon

Post by guyinlondon » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:11 am

thanks for your valuable input t123456789