ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier2_applicant

Tier 2 General extension

Post by tier2_applicant » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:12 am

Hello,

I am planning to apply for the extension to my Tier 2 general in the coming month as it expires on 1 Jan 2015, the start date (date of issue) on biometric card is 19 Jan 2012.

I am planning to apply for the extension online by filling the form and paying the fee online. I need to do this for my spouse as well - at the moment we are waiting for the CoS allocation to be granted on the Sponsorship management system.
  • Am I correct in understanding that even if I fill the form and pay fee for me and my wife online, we will still have to appear in person to get the new Biometrics issued?

• Can someone please provide the list of documents required to be submitted for me and my wife for the extension leave to be granted ?
Thank you

tier2_applicant

Re: Tier 2 General extension

Post by tier2_applicant » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:22 pm

Hello,

Could someone please provide some info regarding my two queries mentioned above.

Thanks,

apex221

Post by apex221 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:18 pm

Although I am not an expert but I am not sure what you are talking about.My understanding is that you can apply by post or in person. So there is no online application system.

I extended my T2 in Feb. for 3 years and the following documents were submitted:
Passport
BRP card
Confirmation letter of employment with the new COS number
3 months payslip
Application form
2 passport photosgraphs

Maintenance fund and English language were automatically awarded as it was extension.

I was also surprised with the minimum requirement but that’s all I took and was granted the leave for 3 years.

I am applied in person.

I hope it helps

tier2_applicant

Post by tier2_applicant » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:09 pm

Thanks for your reply and the list of documents.

I am sure that the application can now be started online - so that you don't have to fill in the printed form. Maybe I am wrong. Can anyone else please confirm this process?

Thanks

tier2_applicant

Post by tier2_applicant » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:19 am

tier2_applicant wrote:Thanks for your reply and the list of documents.

I am sure that the application can now be started online - so that you don't have to fill in the printed form. Maybe I am wrong. Can anyone else please confirm this process?

Thanks
Hello, can someone please confirm this?

Also, does anyone know the documents I must submit for my wife's dependent visa extension?

Thanks

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:08 pm

Hi there,

Yes you indeed can apply online.

Here is the link:
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/extend-your-visa

I think for your wife, she will need to show:
Identity (Passport and Biometric Card from before)
Evidence of Funds Maintenance (bank statements etc- I showed this even though you don not necessarily need to show this if its an extension)
Evidence of her relation being subsisting with yours (2 items where her adddress is same as yours. I showed my credit card statement and my driving license)

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:14 pm

Also, the online application process is simple and straight forward and will also provide you with a list of Supporting Docs that you will need for all the applicants.

tier2_applicant

Post by tier2_applicant » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:16 pm

Hello Sheffield_Marketeer,

Thank you for clarifying this.

My wife didnt get a Biometric Residence Permit when she joined me here earlier this year. She had a sticker style visa glued on to her passport - which was later transferred to her new passport issued in London (we got the new passport issued as she changed her surname). I hope selecting the option the she does not have a BRP wont cause any issues in the online application.

Cheers

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:37 pm

Hi,

Yes, I don't see that as any issue.
If she was not issued with one, then you just choose the option -No biometric issued.
My son too wasn't issued and I didn't have any issues with the on-line application.

tier2_applicant

Post by tier2_applicant » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:42 pm

ok, thank you for your help with my queries. I hope you'll be able to answer if I have any more question (I hope none!) concerning the extension for me and my wife.