ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Required documents for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tahir78
Newly Registered

Required documents for spouse visa

Post by Tahir78 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:05 pm

Hi,

I am about to submit my application for spouse visa to bring my wife over. (She is currently with me in the UK on family visit visa, she will be leaving soon with all the required documents)

Can someone please confirm that I have all the correct documents in place.

I have 2 jobs to meet the financial requirement.

The documents I have are:

Financial:
6 months payslip for both jobs
6 months bank statement to match payslip

Accommodation:
Mums Tenancy agreement
Property inspection report
Letter of premission from mum to say wife can live here

Job:
Letter from Hmrc confirming that im employed at both jobs.
Letter from both employers confirming my pay on letter headed paper.

I dont have contracts of employment as the contracts are verbal. The letter from the employer confirms this.

Wifes documents:
Wifes Esol A1 pass certificate (city & guilds)
TB test certificate from Bangladesh
Passport

Communication between me and wife:
Whatsapp chat log
My passport (currently expired) copy, immigration stamps for when I whent to visit.

Wifes passport Immigration stamps, for when she came to visit over a 4 year period. (within those 4 years she lived with me on family visit visa for 6 months every year)

Call logs
Remittance slips, money sent to her.
Some pictures of me and her in london.

Extra:
My passport copy (expired, havent renewed yet)
Valid Driving Licence
Marriage certificate

I dont know what else im missing, if anyone can help please.

Also for my jobs one is full time and get paid monthly into bank account, and the other is part time and get paid weekly by cash, which I deposit in to my account. (part time job is taxed)

They are both fixed rates. Does that mean its salaried?

I would really appreciate if anyone could advise?

Many thanks

Rayking

Re: Required documents for spouse visa

Post by Rayking » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:20 pm

That employer's letter should state what you've earned in the last 6 months prior to your application,is it stating this?
You can add some wedding pictures if you haven't. May be someone will spot anything else but all looking good.
If you're paid hourly, it non salaried or only pay when you work.

Tahir78
Newly Registered

Post by Tahir78 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:26 pm

Rayking wrote:That employer's letter should state what you've earned in the last 6 months prior to your application,is it stating this?
You can add some wedding pictures if you haven't. May be someone will spot anything else but all looking good.
Both employer letters state:
Employment start date
Start date of current pay
The rate of pay that I get paid annually.

Should i get them to include what i have earned in the last 6 months?

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:35 pm

It's not what you're paid annually that will be seriously look at,but your present annual payment, you don't want a delay for something as minor as that. Your present annual payment should be total payment in the last 6 months multiplied by 2. That's your annual income for the purpose of spouse visa.
Add it and explain to them.it should state your employment too, e.i your job title.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:45 pm

Don't forget that your last payslip and bank statement shouldn't be more than 28 days as well?

Tahir78
Newly Registered

Post by Tahir78 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:11 pm

Rayking wrote:It's not what you're paid annually that will be seriously look at,but your present annual payment, you don't want a delay for something as minor as that. Your present annual payment should be total payment in the last 6 months multiplied by 2. That's your annual income for the purpose of spouse visa.
Add it and explain to them.it should state your employment too, e.i your job title.
Thank you for you kind replies.

The letter from the employer basically states what im currently/presently earning and what the total would be anually.

Is that not the same as what you mentioned?

If not, i can get the employer to add what i have earned within the last 6 months for Immigration purposes....

In regards to the payslip and bank statement, are you saying they shouldn't be older than 28 days when submitting the application?

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:59 pm

Shouldn't be older than 28 days as I stated earlier on,that's the rule.
My point is that your annual income should be your total income in the past 6 months multiplied by 2,that's your present annual income they want to see,it shouldn't be different from what you've stated by adding your payslips.

Tahir78
Newly Registered

Post by Tahir78 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:19 am

Thanks Rayking for your reply.
The letter from employers does depict what you have mentioned.

In regards to sending the documents, do they have to be originals? Or can they be copies.

If i send originals im not sure whether they will send them back.

Im not really worried about my bank statements or payslips.
Just worried about my marriage certificate and driving licence.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:27 pm

They do advise to send 2 bundles, one set of original and another photocopies. They will check the original and return them,but if you don't send photocopies, they can retain the original copies.

galaxy122
Newly Registered

Post by galaxy122 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:01 pm

Documents list for ILR dependant
Hello everyone, I am new to immigrationboards.com and I have a query regarding the documents that need to be provided for ILR dependant file. My husband has applied for his ILR on the basis of his 10 years stay in the UK and is expected to get it soon. I will then soon be joining him as his dependan...

Tahir78
Newly Registered

Post by Tahir78 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:46 pm

galaxy122 wrote:Documents list for ILR dependant
Hello everyone, I am new to immigrationboards.com and I have a query regarding the documents that need to be provided for ILR dependant file. My husband has applied for his ILR on the basis of his 10 years stay in the UK and is expected to get it soon. I will then soon be joining him as his dependan...
Not being rude but can you create your own thread so i dont get confused..

Tahir78
Newly Registered

Post by Tahir78 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:48 pm

Rayking wrote:They do advise to send 2 bundles, one set of original and another photocopies. They will check the original and return them,but if you don't send photocopies, they can retain the original copies.
With regards to the photocopies do they have to be certified by a solicitor or its just a matter of them confirming it against the originals that i send with the copies.