ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in UK before either parents had ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kamiiqbal
Newly Registered

Child born in UK before either parents had ILR

Post by kamiiqbal » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:48 am

Hey guys,

Couple of queries for experts pls.

Myself and wife got an ILR - we have 2 x kids born in UK we skipped their application at the time of applying our ILR.
Can I just get confirmation which form should I use being parent on ILR after kids born. I understand it should be MN1 and section 1(3), pls confirm?

Second, I have been living in UK for last 10 years, but had visa refused in 2009 when I was switching the visa category to Tier 1 General, so had to go back home and re-applied fresh Tier 1 application which I did get in 2009 and returned to UK - the gap I lived outside UK was about 6 months. my question is can I apply for naturalization based on living 10 years as I understand, applying naturalization based on Tier 1 + 1 yr ILR = 6 yrs in total you have to live in UK, however I have been living for last 10 years?

Can someone kindly advise on this?

Thanks
Kam