ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC in July/August

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mayhsmp

Post by mayhsmp » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:36 pm

Hi friends,

I have another doubt for EC.

When I applied for HSMP approval in May I was on different salary. Since then my salary has been revised under the annual appraisal cycle. So do I need to give new salary certificate now?? Will I have to give some explanation in terms of changed salary?

And can you also please tell me about following specific question in VAF1 form:
Q 6.7 : What is your monthly income from employment?
Should I just divide my annual CTC with 12 and give the number here?
Q 6.8 : Do you rcv income from any other sources, including family or friends?
My spouse is also earning. So does this count towards MY earnings?

Thanks in advance for all the replies.

cheers,
mayhsmp

aman

Post by aman » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:32 am

Hi Mayhsmp,
For 6.7 I had given the present monthly income. This is also the figure that you need to put in integra form.
You can call up VFS number and verify.
For 6.8
i had the same case, called VFS and while submitting my app also asked the question.For a couple you enter no. Family is beyond spouse.

But hey not a 100% for 6.7, I still am waiting for my EC app's result. Senior members can you verify, who have got thru with the app.

on a similar note, Anybody out there who applied in August?

Thanks,
Aman

dhanubs

Post by dhanubs » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:07 pm

Hi

for 6.7 just mention your last month's salary...whatever is mentioned in your payslip. As for 6.8, if your wife is working, then you can tick "yes" for this and mention her income per month in the description below. Of course, you will have to provide her payslip as evidence. The bottom line is you mention something, you will have to provide evidence to prove it.

fly2uk

Post by fly2uk » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:59 am

Hi All,

I would like to know from you all whether it is mandatory or advisable to furnish proof of hotel bookings in case one is going there on his own without using any friend's accomodation, while making EC application.

Have there been EC applications rejected for not showing such evidence?

Thanks

maharamesh
Newly Registered

hi any one there to help regarding funds

Post by maharamesh » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:43 pm

hi

preparing for ec. this forum is very helpful cleared so many questions. ppls in this board is doing a great job.

some questions abt funds.

is it enough to show my property worth 8 lakhs for me , my spouse and a kid .i am also having jewels (worth 9 lakhs) can i show jewels as my asset which can be liquify at any time.

if iam showing the jewels as fund should i get the estimaion from a jewelry by weighing it.

should i get a letter from a CA to estimate my assets.

pls advice i don't have cash in my hand what should be written in the vaf1 form for

how much money you have :
9 lakhs as jewel can liquify after got ec/at any time

thanks in advance
maha

ambitions_high

Post by ambitions_high » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:32 pm

Hi guys,

Have a small query regarding the accomodation/invite letter from UK and looking for someone's help on this.

Is it fine if I attach scanned copies of accomodation letter (and the supporting documents) with my EC application or do I need to ask my friend to send the original documents through courier to India.

Please share your coments.

mayhsmp

Post by mayhsmp » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:53 pm

Hi all.. I applied for EC today. The VFS person did not accept original driving license which was my age proof for initial hsmp application. He said that BHC doesnt accept cards, like driving license and all... I tried telling him that it was my age proof.. But in vain.. I then gave a photocopy of it. And in the anxiety then I changed on the point pro forma form. I changed that in the age proof section: I crossed original word and wrote photocopy there... Now I am worried that this would mean I submitted my photocopy for initial application as well..

Has anyone come across such problem... I am worried now...Please can anyone tell me if this is a very problem situation??

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:06 pm

Is it fine if I attach scanned copies of accomodation letter (and the supporting documents) with my EC application or do I need to ask my
friend to send the original documents through courier to India.
Hi ambitions_high,
Its good if u ask ur frnd to send the original letter. Better u ask for his Original Bank Statements for 6 months, Latest 3 months Pay Slips, Original Telephone bills, Council Tax Bill, Copy of Tenancy Agreement or House Registration Papers, Copy of Passport , Utility Bills(Gas, Electricity & Water)
as well.
Hi all.. I applied for EC today. The VFS person did not accept original driving license which was my age proof for initial hsmp application. He said that BHC doesnt accept cards, like driving license and all... I tried telling him that it was my age proof.. But in vain.. I then gave a photocopy of it. And in the anxiety then I changed on the point pro forma form. I changed that in the age proof section: I crossed original word and wrote photocopy there... Now I am worried that this would mean I submitted my photocopy for initial application as well..
Mayhsmp, This is really strange that VFS ppl didnt accept the driving license card from u. I had given my card only and got my EC approved. from where did u submit ur EC papers? i did it from bangalore.

mayhsmp

Post by mayhsmp » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:15 pm

Hi hsmp0804, I submitted my papers in Pune VFS today..When did you submit for EC??
This is really worrying me now. Should I contact someone in UK Visa?? Please let me know..

Amb_HSMP
Newly Registered

Post by Amb_HSMP » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:08 pm

Dear All,

Please let me know what we need to fill in for dependents(wife & kids) in Section1 of VAF1 Form..like what type of visa applying..

questions like :5.1 How long do you intend to stay in the UK?

what we need to fill in

Regards
Amb

deepakuec

Post by deepakuec » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:15 am

Hi All,

I applied for EC 20th Aug at vfs in Bangalore and no verif yet ..

Can you please send me the url where i can find the status of my application ..

best regards,
Deepak

aman

Post by aman » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:15 am

Hi mayhsmp,
Even I submitted my original driving license from hyd.
But in my case they did not take ITR acknowledgement and took only form 16. I have read in this forum about people submitting 3 years ITR.
I really doubt if they have a fixed format of taking papers. Besides VFS folks don't give definite answers. Maybe its safe playing , but I have actually got 2 different answers from 2 different people in the same vfs center!.

I guess that puts us in the same boat of having the intent of submitting the docs which other have submitted, but we were stopped from submitting.

I had submitted my app on 13th August. Please keep us updated regarding your findings.

Hi Amb_HSMP,
For wife and kids fill: "HSMP dependent" in the Others.
For 5.1 : the best answer i could find (on forum) was : initially 2 years under hsmp

Thanks,
Aman

aman

Post by aman » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:33 am

Hi deepakuec,
Check:
http://www.vfs-uk.co.in/faqs.aspx#5

U need to call or sms. Online option doesn't work now.

Thanks,
Aman

RAW

Post by RAW » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:27 pm

By grace of Almighty Allah I've got my EC for next two years..

Time line:

• 23rd March - Application sent from Karachi via DHL
• 26th March - Received by HO
• 27th March - Reference number 2124** received after payment deduction
• 20th April - Received email from HO about decision arrival
• 21st April - Arranged courier service via MBE
• 23rd April - All Documents along with decision letter picked up by MBE
• 24th April - Document dispatched by MBE
• 27th April - Document received safely via FedEx with HSMP approval letter.

• 16th July - Applied for entry clearance.
• 21st Aug - Received confirmation of passport arrival at FedEx office.
• 24th Aug - Collected passport with two years visa stamped from FedEx office.

like to thanks this forum and specifically ajilani and usman.saleem for supporting me in preparing my HSMP application documents.

Cheers,
RAW :D

hsmp07

Post by hsmp07 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:10 am

I applied for EC on 23rd July, and I received my passports yesterday 25th August with 2 year visa stamped on it starting from 22nd August 2007. Although I had requested them specifically to grant the visa from Oct 2007, but I think they usually do not entertain such requests. I would like to thank everyone on this forum who has been a great source of information. This forum rocks :)

vimg07

EC

Post by vimg07 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:56 am

Hey Congratulations,

But it was too long almost a month.. If you don mind please share with us wat all documnents you submitted and from where did you apply...

hsmp07

Re: EC

Post by hsmp07 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:29 am

vimg07 wrote:Hey Congratulations,

But it was too long almost a month.. If you don mind please share with us wat all documnents you submitted and from where did you apply...
Yes it was a long wait....I had applied from Pakistan.

Following is the list of documents submitted. Along with these I also gave the whole set of documents from HSMP, including HSMP cover letter

Cover Letter explaining each document submitted for EC except the ones in the HSMP pile...their explanation is in its own cover letter

Form Section
1. VAF1 VISA application Form for each applicant

Passports of each applicant
1. Current Original Passport
2. Old Original Passport

Evidence of Savings and Income
1. Bank Account statement (last 6 months) (HSMP docs cover the rest last year period)
2. Photocopy of book of my car
3. Original Car tax payment paper
4. Salary slips of last 6 months( Remaining in HSMP Documents Section)
5. Income Tax return of last year
6. Photocopy of Property ownership documents
7. Original Utility bills

Letter from a friend in UK confirming accomodation for me and my family till I can arange my own housing
1. UK Friends passport copy
2. House mortgage statement
3. Utility bills
4. copy of driving license
5. Bank statements

Original TB Health Screening Certificate for me and my spouse only

Evidence of relationship
1. Original Marriage certificate
2. Wedding Photos
3. Birth Certificate of the child

original HSMP Approval Letter and its supporting documents

majic

Post by majic » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:12 am

Hello HSMP07,

How did u get your income TAX Return for FY2007. My company says that I shall be abale to get it in September.

This is in reference Income Tax in Pakistan.

Regards

cobra123

my ec application

Post by cobra123 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:32 pm

hi all i am planning to apply for EC on 29th july .
here is the list of doc's which i am submitting along with my application.

3 years of ITR return .
Last 6 month of bank statement ..
Last 6 months of pay slips .
Letter from my brother in uk to accommodate and support me financially in need untill i find my own .( his docs -p60 form , bank statement ,his payslips, letter from employer )
Letter from my father stating his assets ( valuation etter from CA, his bank statement for last six month, share funds etc ) and support me financially in case of need.
Letter from my employer stating my salary per annum.
Letter of my salary hike/increment
Emails of job consultant who showed interest in my CV and job adverts related to my profile.
All hsmp docs and hsmp approval letter .

My questions :
1. Should i still go for booking hotel accommodation in uk
2. Letter from my father should be on stamp paper or in simple plain paper.

mayhsmp

Post by mayhsmp » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:39 pm

Hi All,

I have applied for EC on 22nd this month... And on 23rd when I checked the staus via sms it said: "Application has been forwarded to BHC on 24th"( Did not understand why on 23rd it said forwarded on 24th!!!)

And it is still showing same message!!! What does this message mean?? What is the next stage that it will get updated to??

hsmp07

Post by hsmp07 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:48 pm

majic wrote:Hello HSMP07,

How did u get your income TAX Return for FY2007. My company says that I shall be abale to get it in September.

This is in reference Income Tax in Pakistan.

Regards
I had applied for initial HSMP application March 2007, and submitted ITR for FY2006. I submitted the same ITR doc for my EC application as ofcourse FY2007 ITR doc will only be available in Sept 2007.

majic

Post by majic » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:39 am

HSMP07,

By ITR do u mean R3 ?

Regards

hsmp07

Post by hsmp07 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:25 am

majic wrote:HSMP07,

By ITR do u mean R3 ?

Regards
yes

aman

Post by aman » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:46 am

Hi Mayhsmp,
Don't worry, thats the normal message. I had applied on 13th and till atleast 22nd it showed the same message. I had stopped messaging after that. i called up once on 23rd. They told me its pending verification and i should wait for 15-18 days. I had started hoping that the process had become faster again after seeing couple of responses that EC was stamped in 6-8 days.
But I guess it is still taking long..

Thanks,
Aman

mayhsmp

Post by mayhsmp » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:26 am

Thanks Aman.... My hsmp initial approval was stamped in a day!!! So I was kind of hoping for quick EC.. But seems like I will have to wait some this time.. :-)
Last edited by mayhsmp on Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.