ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (General) Dependant - Eligible for ILR ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samzy
Newly Registered

Tier 2 (General) Dependant - Eligible for ILR ?

Post by samzy » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:26 pm

Need some help in taking a decision. Please Help

Currently I am on Tier 2 General Visa with the same sponsor from past 5 years and I am eligible to apply for an ILR at the end of November 2014.
And my partner is on Tier 2 general dependant visa (my dependant) she entered the UK on 25th August 2012 is she eligible to apply for ILR at the same time as mine? I know the rules has been changed on 9th July 2012 that dependant entering the country (UK) after these dates has to be 5 years in the UK to qualify for ILR.
I am wondering if she is not eligible for ILR in November 2014 under what dependant category she can apply along with me in November.

Can someone please suggest? I really appreciate your help

Thanks,
Sam

tier1Reading

Re: Tier 2 (General) Dependant - Eligible for ILR ?

Post by tier1Reading » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:54 pm

This depends on which date the dependent applied for visa. Did the dependent applied before 9th July 2012 ? If so, she is eligible otherwise she has to go for FLR.

samzy
Newly Registered

Post by samzy » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:44 pm

Thank you very much for your reply

No my partner applied after 9th of July (first week of August).

Can you please suggest if the FLR can be applied at the same time along with my ILR (same day appointment Premium service) or I have to go first get my ILR status and then apply for FLR for my partner?

Thanks a ton

Sampath

tier1Reading

Post by tier1Reading » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:02 pm

samzy wrote:Thank you very much for your reply

No my partner applied after 9th of July (first week of August).

Can you please suggest if the FLR can be applied at the same time along with my ILR (same day appointment Premium service) or I have to go first get my ILR status and then apply for FLR for my partner?

Thanks a ton

Sampath
Yes, I think you can... and have to ask the CaseWorker to consider dependent's FLR application after main applicant's ILR is granted.
Seniors can point you on right way to do this.

samzy
Newly Registered

Post by samzy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:07 am

Thank you for the quick response. Cheers

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:12 am

She may apply as a PBS dependant.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:27 am

You should definitely NOT apply FLRM as that will reset the counter. Your dependent should continue and apply for extension of PBS dependent before her current leave expires (this does not need to be at the same time as you apply for ILR if her leave is valid for some time). Once she has spent 5 years on PBS dependent, she can apply for ILR.

samzy
Newly Registered

Post by samzy » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:24 pm

Thank you all for your suggestions, We have decided to go with the PBS dependant extension once I get my ILR status.

Cheers,
Sam