ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change in circumstances after spouse visa application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

legalalien
United Kingdom

change in circumstances after spouse visa application

Post by legalalien » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:07 am

I wonder if anyone can help, and apologise if his has been discussed before

My wife applied for spouse visa at the end of September, but soon after, my company has merged with another company, I am still doing the same job and on the same salary but the company name has changed since the merger.

I am not sure what to do with regards to my evidence that I have submitted to proof income, I know that UKVI will check the validity of payslips but contacting tax office and I am worried that this change my give them a reason to delay or even reject the application on the basis of change in my employers name which doesnt match that on my previous payslips.

Do I need to notify them, and if so, how do I notify them, all visa process is dealt with by VFS Global so we do not have any contact with embassy to be able to submit supplementary information regarding this change

legalalien
United Kingdom

Re: change in circumstances after spouse visa application

Post by legalalien » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:57 pm

I see a similar query from another user.
Just to update everyone, I emailed ukvi for an answer but I have just been told by my spouse that her passport is ready for collection, don't know if it's an issue or refusal so am praying it is positive.
I will update as soon as I get definitive answer from ukvi for benefit of others and also outcome of our application

pug23

Post by pug23 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:13 pm

Good luck. Hope your partner has visa issued.

the_silk_route

Post by the_silk_route » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:48 am

Hi Legalallen,

I've also got a similar query, where I'm still working for the same company, but my department has branched off and merged into another company, even though it is still owned by the same parent company which I mentioned on all my documents at the time of the application in June 2014.

How soon after your application submission did your company change/detail change take place?

We applied in June, and on the 27th October our change took place, I'm wondering whether they will have conducted their checks already, and shouldn't matter, or whether they are still yet to check and whether it will flag up?

Please let me know, an also the outcome of your application.
BTW, which country did you apply from if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:48 am

Thanks pug 23, they have issued her the visa, I am so relieved

Silk Route, did you get any transfer of undertaking letter (covered by TUPE regulation showing that your employment has been transferred to another company?), I got that letter about 9 days after we have applied and her visa process took 6 weeks and 2 days in total. We applied from UAE so their timelines are different as I dont think they get many spouse visa applications and they havent got a backlog of applications.

It is difficult to gage whether yours was checked or not, I believe you are applying from pakistan and because of the backlog, they may have not started your process yet. The key question to check with your employer is if there are any changes to employer details under tax code. I know the UKVI check is normally based on checks with HM Customs and revenue but I am not sure if they check the tax paid within the required period (at the time of application) or if they also check that the employment is ongoing.

Have you tried to ask UKVI helpdesk online?

It is all speculative, i dont know if they checked mine, or they were satisfied with payslips, or they checked tax records for time of payslips (i.e. old company name is still on records) or my change may have not affected TAX records - normally you will get P45 if transfer of ownership results in changes to tax records.

Check with your HR to see if your change results in any difference in the company tax records

Good luck

the_silk_route

Post by the_silk_route » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:58 am

legalalien wrote:Thanks pug 23, they have issued her the visa, I am so relieved

Silk Route, did you get any transfer of undertaking letter (covered by TUPE regulation showing that your employment has been transferred to another company?), I got that letter about 9 days after we have applied and her visa process took 6 weeks and 2 days in total. We applied from UAE so their timelines are different as I dont think they get many spouse visa applications and they havent got a backlog of applications.

It is difficult to gage whether yours was checked or not, I believe you are applying from pakistan and because of the backlog, they may have not started your process yet. The key question to check with your employer is if there are any changes to employer details under tax code. I know the UKVI check is normally based on checks with HM Customs and revenue but I am not sure if they check the tax paid within the required period (at the time of application) or if they also check that the employment is ongoing.

Have you tried to ask UKVI helpdesk online?

It is all speculative, i don't know if they checked mine, or they were satisfied with payslips, or they checked tax records for time of payslips (i.e. old company name is still on records) or my change may have not affected TAX records - normally you will get P45 if transfer of ownership results in changes to tax records.

Check with your HR to see if your change results in any difference in the company tax records

Good luck

Hi,

Thanks for the update, here is my situation:

1) Employment is still ongoing with the same company that I've been working for for the past year
2) Tax records will stay the same, I will get payed the same amount, into the same account, with the payslips looking the same
3) No P45, as essentially the parent company is still the same
4) My company has a smaller company within its ownership, owned by the larger company, and we still work for the same company but for internal purposes our department is working for the smaller company
5) Contract of employment is still the old one, no change has been made to contract at all
6) Still work in the same building

7) I've got a letter from the company which I used in the application stating I still work there and so on, and that all the terms are still the same and that I still work there with ongoing employment.

In addition to this, after requesting an update on my case, I have been told that initial checks and inquiries have been conducted and that it is in a queue waiting to be seen by an ECO now. It's been 4 months so hopefully checks have been conducted and we should be hearing back soon.

It should be OK i think