ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Flying UK-France on German WP

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Flying UK-France on German WP

Post by Wanderer » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:01 pm

Gf has a German WP or more accurately, Residence Permit valid until Nov 2007. As all gurus, sages and members pf standing know, this permit also acts as a schengen visa. We've used it as such to travel from Germany to other schengen states.

Question is, we want to fly from UK to Paris for some romantic rumpy-pumpy and I was wondering how the folks at the airport on immigration control will view her permit?

Any ideas?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Dawie
Diamond Member

Re: Flying UK-France on German WP

Post by Dawie » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:44 pm

Wanderer wrote:Gf has a German WP or more accurately, Residence Permit valid until Nov 2007. As all gurus, sages and members pf standing know, this permit also acts as a schengen visa. We've used it as such to travel from Germany to other schengen states.

Question is, we want to fly from UK to Paris for some romantic rumpy-pumpy and I was wondering how the folks at the airport on immigration control will view her permit?

Any ideas?
How could you have used it to fly from Germany to other Schengen states? There is no immigration control between Schengen states.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Flying UK-France on German WP

Post by Wanderer » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:52 pm

Dawie wrote:
Wanderer wrote:Gf has a German WP or more accurately, Residence Permit valid until Nov 2007. As all gurus, sages and members pf standing know, this permit also acts as a schengen visa. We've used it as such to travel from Germany to other schengen states.

Any ideas?
How could you have used it to fly from Germany to other Schengen states? There is no immigration control between Schengen states.
Well ok, I mean she moved between EU states, i dunno if her passport was ever checked, should have made that clear, sorry.

gani999

Post by gani999 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:48 pm

I take it that your GF isn't living in Germany, despite having her German RP. Has she officially left Germany i.e has she informed the German authorities that she has moved out of the country?

If she has, then she may have a problem if the bloke at the immigration decides to ask her where she is living. As far as I know, you are supposed to return the RP when you are moving out of the country that issued it.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:57 pm

gani999 wrote:I take it that your GF isn't living in Germany, despite having her German RP. Has she officially left Germany i.e has she informed the German authorities that she has moved out of the country?

If she has, then she may have a problem if the bloke at the immigration decides to ask her where she is living. As far as I know, you are supposed to return the RP when you are moving out of the country that issued it.
She is living in Germany until 30th Sept 2007. The RP expires in 5th Nov 2007. The work contract is till end of Oct, the guy at Ausländerbehörde gave her an extra week! Nice guy, think he fancied her.....

Also it's stuck in her passport, no way of returning it!