ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependentvisa delayed due to low salary of Tier2Main migrant

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Porus

Dependentvisa delayed due to low salary of Tier2Main migrant

Post by Porus » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:27 am

My wife got a Tier 2 general visa and working in UK for the past 2 months .I had been in the UK until 3 months back with family as I was the main migrant with Tier 2 ICT visa until visa expired. Now my Tier 2 general dependent visa to join my wife is delayed for 2 months and I am suspecting it is due to low salary of 24k for main migrant. I have given maintenance proof and bank statements,property papers showing good financial status and still they are not convinced I suppose. As my IT company is willing to send me again to UK with the same salary 35 k (less than the 41 k required for Tier 2 ICT long term) ,can I pass on company deputation letters to alleviate british high commission's possible suspicion on family maintenance please. IF so is there a method to submit additional documents like this? .Request experts to suggest please.
Last edited by Porus on Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Porus

Re: Depedent visa delayed due to low salary of Tier2Main mig

Post by Porus » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:33 pm

Another reason of delay I can assume is as follows. My NIN number used between 2006-9 has not been updated with status (single to married) + change of address +change of company+ gap in uk stay 2009-13). I gave same NIN number to the new company while I was in UK till 3 months back (Aug-2013-Jul 2014) and tax was deducted from my salary.

Any experts can please suggest if Visa staff check NIN details in the system and put the decision on hold?. IF so what can I do now to mitigate this situation . Please help.

Porus

Re: Dependentvisa delayed due to low salary of Tier2Main mig

Post by Porus » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:19 am

Can any expert please help . I have been contributing for other queries wherever I know from my novice level to new applications.
Now for my case I would request some experts to atleast share their views on my queries pls.Please help.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:06 pm

Porus wrote:My wife got a Tier 2 general visa and working in UK for the past 2 months .I had been in the UK until 3 months back with family as I was the main migrant with Tier 2 ICT visa until visa expired. Now my Tier 2 general dependent visa to join my wife is delayed for 2 months and I am suspecting it is due to low salary of 24k for main migrant. I have given maintenance proof and bank statements,property papers showing good financial status and still they are not convinced I suppose. As my IT company is willing to send me again to UK with the same salary 35 k (less than the 41 k required for Tier 2 ICT long term) ,can I pass on company deputation letters to alleviate british high commission's possible suspicion on family maintenance please. IF so is there a method to submit additional documents like this? .Request experts to suggest please.
There would be no delay due to salary in this situation... 24k is NOT a low salary in the UK! They may be doing other checks. You just have to wait your turn like everyone else. Did you present evidence of your enduring relationship to your spouse? Your future job/earning in the UK will have no bearing on your application.

Porus

Post by Porus » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:18 pm

HI Physicskate , I have given original marriage certificate (registered government document as per country norms) and last 1 year's rental agreement ,council tax,utility bills,bank statements all having joint names (mine +wife's). As you have suggested to wait like everyone else ,I am wondering if 2 months is the typical processing time for dependent visa as the published UKVISA statistics is around 9-10 working days. Anyway thanks for your response as it helps to feel better and motivates me to contribute to others in this forum as i can.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:06 pm

Physicskate is right, there is nothing in the information you provided that would point to a possible reason for the delay. Try to enquire about progress at the visa application centre.