ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Curtailment

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

VT

Curtailment

Post by VT » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:42 pm

My ex partner is a Nigerian National. He was granted DL Sept 2011 based on our relationship but we separated within just a week. There was serious Domestic Abuse involved and after confiding in my health visitor, i knew i had been in an abusive relationship.

He threatened abduction of my son to Nigeria after I had continued to allow contact until Dec 2011. This is the last time he saw our son.

Court proceedings have taken place since January 2012 and i have been granted a Prohibited steps Order, Residency and a Non-molestation Order.

My ex partner has not complied with anything the Court has requested and so the Final Hearing is in February 2015 after CAFCASS have recommended NO CONTACT and he has CONTESTED this

His Visa was curtailed in October 2012 but he wasn't aware of this until earlier this year when my solicitor requested information for the Court about his immigration status - he had been working and claiming benefits during this time

His immigration hearing to over turn the decision of curtailment was on Thursday 30th October

His original DL expired in September this year anyway

Can anyone advise a distressed mother what may or may not happen from here?

Thank you

Obie
Ireland

Re: Curtailment

Post by Obie » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:17 pm

Oh VT, i remember advising you several years back, when you were seeking ways of regularising his status.

Sorry, you were treated in such an appalling manner.

If his visa has been curtailed then he will have no basis of stay in the UK.

The authority will take appropriate steps against him.

If he approaches you or the child, you can call the police.

You have reported him, and the authorities knows about the situation.

You should live it with them to sort it out now.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

VT

Re: Curtailment

Post by VT » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:20 pm

Thank you Obie

I know the same applies as before - I won't find the answer here but, after appealing the curtailment two years later, how likely is it they'll grant him further DL?

I had been in contact with the intelligence unit and they assured me they'd been looking for him