ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I claim my 10 year long residency at any time

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mjay

Can I claim my 10 year long residency at any time

Post by mjay » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:04 pm

Dear respected Members
I'm currently on tier 1 entrepreneurs visa which is finishing on June 2016
I'm reaching my 10 year residency period on 26 January 2015 I want to go to Pakistan and will come back after a year and just want to know on the basis on my 10 year which I maintain without any break and refusal I can put my application in future any time or it have to be just after completing the 10 year period
T
I'm very thankful for the reply
Thank you very much

Malik44

Re: Can I claim my 10 year long residency at any time

Post by Malik44 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:45 pm

You should have to apply after continuous lawful residence of 10 years without any break
if you left the country for 1 year your long residency period will break.

mjay

Post by mjay » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:16 pm

Thank you for reply
But in fact I will reach my 10 yer lawful residency on 26th of jan2015 and I spent 12 month outside the uk in different times with these 9 year and 9 month and I'm still allowed to spend 6 month outside the uk so when I came back after a year or 2 year with another visa can I will still claim my 10 year or not
Thank you very much

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:32 pm

In your previous post and this post there is contradiction could you please clarify this first

In Nov 2013 you raised this thread

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... ml#p945098

''I want to apply 10 year long residency base next month i want to send my all passport , life in the uk test and my biometric card that's all they need but my real question is i have a CCJ on my credit file of not paying an overdraft to Lloyd tsb bank which now cleared my ccj will be satisfied but still on record up to 2016 does this effect my ILR application kindly advise me i would be grateful thank u''

mjay

Post by mjay » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:02 am

Yes I did this in last year but it was mistake not next month it should be next year which is now

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:03 am

Long residence wrote:Once an applicant has built up a period of 10 years continuous lawful residence, there is no limit on the length of time afterwards when they can apply. This means they could leave the UK, re-enter on any lawful basis, and apply for settlement from within the UK based on a 10 year period of continuous lawful residence they built up in the past.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mjay

Post by mjay » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:09 pm

Thank you very much that's the answer I required because I'm going Pakistan for a year and than come back with this visa which I have or the new one

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:00 pm

mjay wrote:Thank you very much that's the answer I required because I'm going Pakistan for a year and than come back with this visa which I have or the new one
Why don't u get ILR first than go to pakistan for 1 year ?

R u engaged in business activity as tier 1 enterpen holder?

How would u justify at airport after 1 year time that your business is trading?

Who knows what happen in coming months specially when immigration is the main issue in 2015 UK election.

Sorry to say but A person with a right mind wont take that chance with his future
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by FaeLLe » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:32 pm

You are risking everything you have, if you are eligible for ILR under 10 year route you should do it now before leaving (for the 1 year period you claim).

Remember ILR is lost after 2 years of being outside UK too.

mjay

Post by mjay » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:08 pm

Thank you very much for useful suggestions now I'm concerding to apply ilr first than go out the uk
Thanks for the help