ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Simplest way to apply for child first british PP

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prvnrk
England

Simplest way to apply for child first british PP

Post by prvnrk » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:57 pm

Hello friends & GURUs,

I and my wife have been granted ILR in June 2014. Later we applied for British citizenship for my son who born in UK in Feb 2014 and received it successfully. My son is currently holding Indian passport.

Now its time for us to apply for British child passport for our son and request you to kindly let me know the easiest, hussle-free and quickest way to get British passport for my son?

1. I read somewhere in the forum that there're issues with online applications. So i thought I will go pick up application form from Post office (that has PP check and send service) and then apply through them. what documents we need to carry to get the application form from PP office? (not for applying).

2. It seems premium service is not available for first child PP so can we use fast-track? if yes, do we have to book an appointment in Passport Customer Service Centre? can online-application be used for fast-track? or can we use same application from PP office for fast-track?? appreciate if someone can share experience in PP customer service centre.

3. do we need to return my son's Indian passport "after" we receive british PP?

Please advise
thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Simplest way to apply for child first british PP

Post by Jambo » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:37 pm

Online application is just a form filling feature. You then need to print the firm and sign it.

For fast track you need to call and book an appointment.

Passport application from the post office are free to pick. You can then post then (using stamp) or use check &send.
You will need to surrender the Indian passport.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

ouflak1

Re: Simplest way to apply for child first british PP

Post by ouflak1 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:36 am

Jambo wrote:You will need to surrender the Indian passport.
Just to clarify this last point as it could be confusing. You don't need to surrender the Indian passport as part of the British passport process.

Further, if there are no intentions of the child ever traveling to India in the future (something I think would be difficult-to-impossible to predict), you don't need to surrender the passport at all. But keep it for their sake as they someday, perhaps as an adult, may need to 'surrender' it, or prove that they had never attempted to use it since exercising another citizenship. If you do foresee their need to travel to India again, you should surrender the Indian passport within 3 years of the child obtaining British citizenship (Not a passport, actual Citizenship) in order to avoid an extra fine.