ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents general visa refused

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

milesh2014
Newly Registered

Parents general visa refused

Post by milesh2014 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:48 pm

Hi,
My parents general visa refused based on insufficient financial documents. I filled in their applications and did not take much care to fill in their accurate employment information as I was thinking that my documents are only required.

Now I plan to resubmit the application 2nd time but in 1st application I had filled in 25K/month earning for my father but as per tax documents its 10K/month.

Is it fine if in 2nd application, I fill in 10K/month?
Will the visa officer check what information was submitted in 1st application?
Can the 2nd visa application be refused based on incorrect information?
Is it fine if I write a cover letter stating that by mistake I had filled in the inaccurate information of my father earning?

Pls advice. Appreciate everyone's response.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Parents general visa refused

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:56 am

milesh2014 wrote: I filled in their applications and did not take much care to fill in their accurate employment information as I was thinking that my documents are only required.
Showing that you, as the sponsor, have money while showing nothing for the applicant is a common mistake. You could be a millionaire many times over but, in spite of this, without having strong social and economic ties to the homeland, anyone you sponsor might be refused.

So, apply again showing everything that relates to your parents social and economic ties, in addition to evidence of your own financial support. You might include a letter explaining why you omitted their specific details from the previous application (that being you assumed your money was all that was necessary). How you explain the discrepancy in the amounts is going to be a problem as this will be scrutinized and may be viewed as a type of deception. That would involve a lengthy ban on entry. But why did you overstate his income; I don't see how that can be deemed a simple oversight? You may come to regret that lapse of judgement.

milesh2014
Newly Registered

Post by milesh2014 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:28 pm

Thanks for the response.

I wonder what should I do now to call them here in UK? has anyone faced such issue?

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:05 pm

Your only option is to reapply, put the correct information and include a covering letter as to why the details are different. But I'd be sceptical if I were the ECO - it's pretty hard to make a mistake such that you overstate someone's income by 150%.

You should expect a second refusal citing deception and a ban. If you get anything else - count yourself lucky.

But your only path is the one above.

M.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:18 pm

milesh2014 wrote: Now I plan to resubmit the application 2nd time but in 1st application I had filled in 25K/month earning for my father but as per tax documents its 10K/month.
Why on Earth do that, very foolish, probably will result in a ban for deception, you can't claim it was a mistake.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....