ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

6 Months to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mrashid02139

6 Months to ILR

Post by mrashid02139 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:14 pm

I have been in the UK from 19th April 2005 as a student (including PSW holder) and would apply for 10 year long residency in 21st March 2015. I was studying in a university in London, but unfortunately could not finish my postgraduate course. So, my university reported to home office and they have curtailed my visa last week. In this situation, what can I do to extend my legal stay till 21st March. It should be noted that I am married and my wife is pregnant and staying with me in the UK from June 2012. I would be very grateful if someone could kindly advice me, as the appeal right has been abolished in most of the categories.

Thanks in advance.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: 6 Months to ILR

Post by Zee ali » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:24 pm

Did u get 60 days notice from HO?

If yes on 58th day apply using FLR FP form for u and for your wife.

FLR FP is for family and private life Article 8. DO NOT USE FLR O

Your visa will refuse in 2 months time (delay bio).

Pay the fees through postal order or bank draft. Sign the declaration properly. Get a legal help for your application.

If your application come back as invalid due to fees or not properly fill the form (sign) than end of story.

U will get appeal right after refusal u will defiantly cover this 4 or 5 months gap.

If u need any help, do not hesitate to ask
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

mrashid02139

Post by mrashid02139 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:02 pm

Thank you very much for your very useful information. However, I was wondering on what ground should I mention in the FLR (FP) form. Should I enclose a cover letter mentioning the duration of my stay in the UK and ties with this country? Again, I cordially appreciate your kind consideration.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:09 pm

Should I enclose a cover letter mentioning the duration of my stay in the UK and ties with this country?

Yes
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided