ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by alil2014 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:52 pm

What the Eco will look at is

1. the correct number of payslips are submitted
2. They match exactly with bank statements
3. Check with HMRC employment status I.e. Taxes paid; employers are legally required to pay tax in real time, so when you receive your pay taxes should be paid on it straight away it's called RTI. So this is an easy way for Eco to check employment status

As long as the above three points are covered and you earn above £18,600 and have submitted employment letter then you will be fine.

Any mistakes made by the employer should be clearly explained by the employer I.e. Under/ over payments and how it was rectified on company letter headed paper.

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:58 pm

Cash in hand jobs are fine. I've known some small companies who pay cash in hand I.e. Weekly with payslip. What you need to do is make sure the amount is deposited as soon as you receive it from employer into your personal account. Make sure the exact amounts which are shown on payslip are deposited, not a pennies difference. Also when depositing the money always use the same reference name I.e. Employers name. Also confirm with hmrc that tax is being paid on your earnings especially on cash in hands. This will satisfy evidential requirement.

However If you don't deposit cash in hands into your account as stated above then one of the evidential requirements will not be met. Even though hmrc records may show taxes are paid. When cases are appealed it lies with ECM whether it should be overturned but they will back the Eco if the Eco has followed the guidelines.

It may overturned on appeal or it may not but you will looking at minimum a years wait.

Remember Eco's are paid to find even the smallest reasons for refusal, so don't give them that opportunity.
Last edited by alil2014 on Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asim khan

Post by Asim khan » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:01 pm

In case of self employment we deal with invoices and not pay slips ..invoices r self made ..just a rough draft really ..so how much can they matter ..its the amount that goes into ur account that shud sumup to 18.6..correct me If i am wrong

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:09 pm

Asim khan wrote:In case of self employment we deal with invoices and not pay slips ..invoices r self made ..just a rough draft really ..so how much can they matter ..its the amount that goes into ur account that shud sumup to 18.6..correct me If i am wrong
I'm am not referring to self-employed but two a lot of people who usually top up their earning with a second job to reach the financial requirement but are paid cash in hand

rizzy
Newly Registered

Post by rizzy » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:07 pm

Hi, could someone help me, basically I'm going to apply for my husband spouse visa in December with 2 job but my September payslip is 30 pound short, would that be a problem? my p60 shows I earn more than 18,600, it's just that one month I took a day off due to being ill

rudey786

Post by rudey786 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:22 pm

Salaam all.

Really sorry to hear about your refusal. Seek advice and see what happens, some may be right in saying that it may be best to submit fresh application. Wish you all the best.

Guys I have a quick question - I'm just going through filling out the paper VAF 4A form.
My husband is from Mirpur, as are my parents. I have a Shanati Card (Im British) 4 years ago so we didnt need to worry about getting a visa every time i wanted to go back home. On the form it says;
- Does your sponsor hold any other nationality? Do i put yes because i have a Shanati card?

Thanks!
Online Form: 14 Nov 14
Documents & bio: 21 Nov 14
Requested to send additional docs: 2 Feb 15
Concluded email received: 4 Feb 15
Visa collected: 6 Feb 15 :-D
Cat A - Mirpur

May Allah (swt) grant everyone success with their Visas In Sha Allah.

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:31 pm

rizzy wrote:Hi, could someone help me, basically I'm going to apply for my husband spouse visa in December with 2 job but my September payslip is 30 pound short, would that be a problem? my p60 shows I earn more than 18,600, it's just that one month I took a day off due to being ill

To clarify, in the month you were £30 short is your payslip and bank statement showing the same amount?

If you are salaried your lowest payslip will be used to calculate your yearly income.

P60s are supplementary evidence And not a requirement it only shows your previous tax years earning not what you currently earn. That's why it is important to make sure the employment letters state your GROSS anual salary/ earnings.

rajasohaibmaroof

Post by rajasohaibmaroof » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:47 pm

salaam all
can anyone tell me do i have to email them again to ask for the application status or will they email me on there own as i have asked them to escalate my case and they have emailed me that they have escalated the case
applied on 17/9/2014
asked for escalation on 30/10/2014

nabeelsultan2000

Post by nabeelsultan2000 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:55 pm

Hi
can anyone help me?
i have aske UKVI different time and got responses and confused now

Are they joking with me?

i am mentioning the response and the date............. i have applied on 17th July 2014

I have tracked the status and found that your application has not yet been assessed by an Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) (1st Sep 2014)

we don't have any current updates yet. However, we will escalate the matter to the relevant department and come back to you with a response (15 OCt 2014)

I have tracked the status and found it is yet to be assessed by an Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) (16 OCt 2014)

I have escalated your case to the concern department to look over your case. You will be soon contacted with an update. (16 oct 2014)

According to the latest update on our system, your application is still under assessment (22 oct)

I have tracked the status of your application and found that it is waiting to be assessed by an Entry Clearance Officer. (2 Nov 2014)

on 30th of october my wife asked for the status and they asked for escalation again?

i am unable to understand what they are doing with my case?

Can anyone help me please

sadia khan

Post by sadia khan » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:15 pm

I also apply in July n I chek my status but I didn't find

nabeelsultan2000

Post by nabeelsultan2000 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:40 pm

sadia khan wrote:I also apply in July n I chek my status but I didn't find
do you know someone who have applied from Islamabad in july and got visa............?

Are u getting the same ridicules replies from them?
what date you applied ?

sadia khan

Post by sadia khan » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:43 pm

I apply on 7 july 2014 n this Friday I was chek my status n they said there is no current status tomorrow I will chek again n I hope I will find something :( :(

sadia khan

Post by sadia khan » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:45 pm

can u tell me what was u write for chek ur status????

nabeelsultan2000

Post by nabeelsultan2000 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:48 pm

gave them the
Date of birth, GWF, name , center, date of biometrics,passport number

kehkashan

Post by kehkashan » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:05 am

hi all
anynews yet?
may ALLAH g grant visa to all of us soon...INSHALLAH

hadz7

Post by hadz7 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:33 am

hi all
so i applied in first week of june and my case was escalated on 30th september and still no decision . today i got an email from them soon after asking them for update of my status .

Dear ------------

Thank you for contacting the United Kingdom Visas & Immigrations (UKVI)
international enquiry service.

Firstly, please allow me to apologise for an unnecessary inconvenience it
may have caused you. Furthermore, may I kindly inform you that I have
referred your case again to the relevant department for a clarification.
Meanwhile your patience is much appreciated.

We hope that this has answered your query. You can E-Mail us back with your
details by visiting the following link
(https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/), select appropriate country,
click next and then select ‘E-Mail form’ and complete as instructed. We
will aim to come back to you within 1 working day.

Kind regards,

Does any one know what it means cos i have no idea what they are tryna say in this email :roll: . Allah knows how long more wait we gotta do .

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:35 am

Sidra Akil wrote:Salaam brothers and sisters

can someone please help me. I am trying to seek some advise in regards to a divorce. My wife has been in the UK since may 2014. Our marriage has not worked out.
I need someone to guide me where i can find out the correct section regards to how i can send my wife back to pakistan. She has been brain washed by extended family members of hers here to claim a stay in this country.

Please help.
Wsalam brother, please give your marriage abit more time, both of you should read 5 times namaz and seek Allah swt's hel in sha Allah you will find your answers.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:38 am

saqlain_1 wrote:Salam

Just wanted to know what is advised travel time after getting visa?
Before it was 28 days but on my wife's and brother in laws it does not state the time they need to travel in.

Can someone confirm the correct time they should travel within?
Wsalam, there is no correct time however visa is granted for 33 months and you have to spend 30 months in the UK to be eligible for an extension so the first 3 months are for travelling arrangements. Most people travel soon as they get the visa or no later than 30 days, my wife came on 29th day after her visa was issued.

Brom

Post by Brom » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:47 am

Ninosanga wrote:
Brom wrote:I just had an email after escalating that the pre assessment done how long more to wait anyone
You initial pre-assessment has now been completed and your application is
with the Entry Clearance Officer awaiting further checks and enquiries. Anyone any idea how long more it takes I applied on 22 may 14
Yes we did interviewed on phone monday recived same email as yours on wenedays and telephone today to collect passport on monday time 27th monday to 31st friday october 2014 hope this info helps you....
1st application refused in jan 12/11/2014
2nd online application 14/04/15
2nd application submitted islamabad 22/04/15
Delayed email - 27/08/2015
Processed on update email 18/09/15
Official processed email - 28/09/15
RFC- 30/09/15 refused

Brom

Post by Brom » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:51 am

Brom wrote:
Ninosanga wrote:
Brom wrote:I just had an email after escalating that the pre assessment done how long more to wait anyone
You initial pre-assessment has now been completed and your application is
with the Entry Clearance Officer awaiting further checks and enquiries. Anyone any idea how long more it takes I applied on 22 may 14
Yes we did interviewed on phone monday recived same email as yours on wenedays and telephone today to collect passport on monday time 27th monday to 31st friday october 2014 hope this info helps you....
Salam Did you manage to collect your documents please keeps us updated
1st application refused in jan 12/11/2014
2nd online application 14/04/15
2nd application submitted islamabad 22/04/15
Delayed email - 27/08/2015
Processed on update email 18/09/15
Official processed email - 28/09/15
RFC- 30/09/15 refused

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:59 am

rizzy wrote:Hi, could someone help me, basically I'm going to apply for my husband spouse visa in December with 2 job but my September payslip is 30 pound short, would that be a problem? my p60 shows I earn more than 18,600, it's just that one month I took a day off due to being ill
Yes it would cause an issue unless you have been paid sick pay for that day.

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:02 am

Rizzy if you are paid a salary, and it's the same amount each month, they will take the month which is £30 short and use that to calculate your annual earnings.

If you are paid on an hourly wage, they will total 6 months of pay and average it over the 12 months, this will give them your annual salary.

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:06 am

rudey786 wrote:Salaam all.

Really sorry to hear about your refusal. Seek advice and see what happens, some may be right in saying that it may be best to submit fresh application. Wish you all the best.

Guys I have a quick question - I'm just going through filling out the paper VAF 4A form.
My husband is from Mirpur, as are my parents. I have a Shanati Card (Im British) 4 years ago so we didnt need to worry about getting a visa every time i wanted to go back home. On the form it says;
- Does your sponsor hold any other nationality? Do i put yes because i have a Shanati card?

Thanks!
Wsalam, you need to find out from Pakistan embassy in UK whether holding a shanakti card (CNIC) makes you a Pakistani national if it does then you are classed as dual national and you state that in your application.

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:09 am

tallojani wrote:
rudey786 wrote:Salaam all.

Thanks!
Wsalam, you need to find out from Pakistan embassy in UK whether holding a shanakti card (CNIC) makes you a Pakistani national if it does then you are classed as dual national and you state that in your application.
Hi I also have a shanati card it does not make u dual national.. It is just for visa purposes.. Please state u r British on your application.. All members of my family have one 30+people and we r just British.. But if u have a Pakistani passport and British then u r dual
1st App:10.06.14-Refused 21.11.14
2nd App:04.02.15-Refused 22.04.15

Appealed:19.05.15-Review Deadline:27.10.15
Court Date:02.09.16

3rd App:
Bio:29.04.16 (priority)
HO enquiry:16.05.16
Processed:17.05.16
Call:20.05.16
Collected:23.05.16
Alhamdulilah

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:40 am

Hey
I also had this issue
I got my employer to state on the letter why I had been paid less for that month due to being off ill
I also got a doctors note to cover it as on that day i did go to the doctors
my pay for tht job is the same each month but based on them working out an average using that payslip i still meet the income which is why i chose to apply when i did
Applied Lahore: 10 October 2013
Refused: 09 September 2014
Re-applied Lahore: 24 September 2014
Application Processed: 02 January 2015
VISA GRANTED ALHAMDULLILAH: 06 January 2015