ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion with visa app!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Joynhope15
Newly Registered

Confusion with visa app!

Post by Joynhope15 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:00 am

Hi guys
Hoping somebody on here can help me or offer some advice.
I want to apply for my husband of 8 months to come and join me here in the uk to live. I completed a paper visa form as a draft just to make sure I had the answers to all the questions and this form was a Family Visitor form VAF1B. It seemed quite straight forward so I was happy! I advised my husband to get his documents in order and be ready for when I sent my documents to him. I used this site before and got a very detailed list of what documents I should send down and I did this just last week with a family friend who went down to Jamaica. Well here's the thing, I went online to complete the online app and realised that the forms I had completed were out of date and that in fact I should have completed form VAF4A Family settlement application and Appendix 2 (VAF 4A financial requirement form). I have done this now and the forms are pretty much the same with the exception of the financial requirement bit. Although I work and exceed the required £18,600 required amount I also receive DLA at the highest rates so meet that requirement aswell, do I still need to have some sort of savings and if so how much?

Part 2 - I changed my job on the 29th October and went from a permanent post working for a provider, to working for an agency on a ongoing contract in The Probation Service (better job and more money) so, as I haven't actually made my app online should I give new job details even though I haven't been paid yet and submitt old job payslips?

I hope I have made myself clear and welcome all advice :D
Am ready to do this online app but can't afford to get any part of it wrong so prepared to wait until I have everything correct!!

Rayking

Re: Confusion with visa app!

Post by Rayking » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:32 pm

The first part of your question will depend on what you decide to do,either you want to apply with employment or DLA I meant.
With employment you need to meet 18600,with DLA,you're exempted I think.
With your employment you don't need savings as long as you meet the minimum requirement of 18600.
Part 2. As you've recently changed your job,you will have to demonstrate your minimum requirement using Cat B,that is adding your income in the last 12 month,old job and new.
With your present job,your employer will need to state the fact that your annual income is 18600 or more.
You'll have to give your present job details because they can call your employer and note, your last pay slip and bank statements mustn't be more than 28, since you left October 29,that will still be fine if you choose to apply now as long as it's not over 28 days.
But do not make a mistake of not including your present employer, if your old employer is called and say you no longer work for them,the application will be refused.
You can also explain you changed job in space for additional information.

Joynhope15
Newly Registered

Post by Joynhope15 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:01 pm

Hi Rayking
Thank you for your response!
I thought that might be the case with my employer and I didn't want to get refused on that.

Joynhope15
Newly Registered

Post by Joynhope15 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:37 pm

The other query was does my husband have to take the English language test?? Is that bookable online or do I book this elsewhere?

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:58 am

If he is Jamaican he does not need to take the test.
And just to let you know - documents for visas processed in Jamaica are now sent to Sheffield. Alot cheaper for you to just send everything directly there, unless you are paying for priority service.