ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help please

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ilrapplication

Help please

Post by ilrapplication » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:37 pm

Hi,

Need help with child’s first British passport (9 months old) please.

I was on TG1 2009-2014, got ILR (myself and wife) in July 2014.
Our daughter born here in UK in February 2014. I got her Pakistani passport done just in case but never applied for her UK visa and never left UK since her birth. Applied for her naturalisation under section 1(3) and received it yesterday. Applying for her British passport now and need help with following please.

1. Do I need to provide her Pakistani passport details in section 3 and send it with the application?
2. Do I need to provide both parents details in section 4 and send our passports and BRPs with application?
3. Section 5 asks for place of issue of the naturalisation certificate, would it be UK or the city name (could not find the city name on the certificate)?
4. What other documents do I need to send with her application?

Sorry if this has been asked before but could not find it here. Thank you very much in advance for your help.

ilrapplication

Re: Help please

Post by ilrapplication » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:24 pm

Can a kind soul help with the following please - Thank you.
ilrapplication wrote:Hi,

Need help with child’s first British passport (9 months old) please.

I was on TG1 2009-2014, got ILR (myself and wife) in July 2014.
Our daughter born here in UK in February 2014. I got her Pakistani passport done just in case but never applied for her UK visa and never left UK since her birth. Applied for her naturalisation under section 1(3) and received it yesterday. Applying for her British passport now and need help with following please.

1. Do I need to provide her Pakistani passport details in section 3 and send it with the application?
2. Do I need to provide both parents details in section 4 and send our passports and BRPs with application?
3. Section 5 asks for place of issue of the naturalisation certificate, would it be UK or the city name (could not find the city name on the certificate)?
4. What other documents do I need to send with her application?

Sorry if this has been asked before but could not find it here. Thank you very much in advance for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:33 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ilrapplication

Post by ilrapplication » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:22 pm

Many thanks CR001...appreciate your help!

ilrapplication

Post by ilrapplication » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:34 am

Hi CR001

I went to the post office for check & send service and they said I need to provide grandparents details as well... Just wondering if you could provide some information/advice on this please. If any other members have any information/advice on this, i will be grateful to you.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:46 am

You don't need to, try another post office then or just post the application yourself or make an appointment at a passport office and use the fast track service.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ilrapplication

Post by ilrapplication » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:34 pm

Thank you CR001..Will try a different post office tomorrow if they dont do it then I'll book an appointment.

Thank you..

garry15
Newly Registered

Post by garry15 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:31 pm

You don't have keep trying different post office. I was asked the same details at my post office.

I used this format.

Grand Parents Details

Grand Father's Name:xxxxxxxxxx
Place of Birth : NOT KNOWN
Date of Birth : NOT KNOWN
Country of Birth : XXXXXX

Grand Mather's Name:XXXXXXXXXXX
Place of Birth : NOT KNOWN
Date Of Birth: NOT KNOWN
Country of Birth: XXXXXXX

wrote these details on a piece of paper and they accepted it. XXXXXX are the details that you are aware off, If you are not sure just say "Not Known".

Every post office should accept this.

Hope this helps!!!

ilrapplication

Post by ilrapplication » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:21 pm

Hi there the post office have accepted it now!

Thank you all for great help - much appreciated!