ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query for earning in two countries with gap period

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

neha_12oct
Newly Registered

Query for earning in two countries with gap period

Post by neha_12oct » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:44 pm

Hi All,

I have recently joined this forum, and have been reading some of the postings.They are indeed helpful.

In last 12 months perious I've worked both in UK and India.I m in UK since January, so the PERIOD of my stay in UK is MORE in last 12 months.

I'm planning to apply for HSMP in September07 end.

I think my earning should be calculated by PRO RATING my current salary which is around 2500 per month.Can anyone guide me how this will be calculated?

Will it be like this?

Total Salary Earned in UK till date/9 *12 as said in guidance notes
9 beacuse I'm living in UK from last 9 months.....

In UK(6 and half months)

September 07
Aug 07
July 07
June 07
May 07
April 07
half March 07

Feb, Jan and Half Dec. Gap period

In India

Half December 06
November 06
October 06
September 06

Will it be enough if i procude the employer stamped salary slips from India?

Please help.

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:10 pm

Hi neha_12oct,

As per the new guidance version 5.0, there should be NO gaps in between for the period covered. You cannot cover from October 2006 to Sep 2007 with a gap in between. The best option is to calculate from Jan till Sep for the UK earnings provided you get enough points.

Please share like how many points you are claiming for ? wts the break up in points etc, so that we can look for workaround in this.

Cheers
ikon

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:00 pm

ikon1400 wrote:Hi neha_12oct,

As per the new guidance version 5.0, there should be NO gaps in between for the period covered. You cannot cover from October 2006 to Sep 2007 with a gap in between. The best option is to calculate from Jan till Sep for the UK earnings provided you get enough points.

Please share like how many points you are claiming for ? wts the break up in points etc, so that we can look for workaround in this.

Cheers
ikon
Whatdo you mean he can't have gaps? of course he can as long as he makes enough in the 12 month continous period claimed.

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:48 am

Also, to consider your earnings on prorata basis, u also need to provide the usual supporting evidence of the whole 12 month period, in your case you have to provide the valid earnings proof for income in india even though you are not calculating that period for totalling up your earnings.

neha_12oct
Newly Registered

Post by neha_12oct » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:40 pm

Thanks all.....

so according to you i should pro-rate my salary of last six months and then calculate the points coz my duration of working in UK is more than the duration of working in India...even if it has a gap in between....

can anyone please confirm that this formula is correct for the calculation...

Total Salary Earned in UK Till date/9 *12 as said in guidance notes-for point calculation

As in last 12 months

Last 6 and half months - Working in UK- earning since mid march 2007
3 months (Living in UK- searching job Gap months)
2 and half months (working and living in India)
-------------------
last 12 months
-------------------

Is that OK?Please guide....

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:23 am

neha_12oct wrote:Thanks all.....

so according to you i should pro-rate my salary of last six months and then calculate the points coz my duration of working in UK is more than the duration of working in India...even if it has a gap in between....

can anyone please confirm that this formula is correct for the calculation...

Total Salary Earned in UK Till date/9 *12 as said in guidance notes-for point calculation

As in last 12 months

Last 6 and half months - Working in UK- earning since mid march 2007
3 months (Living in UK- searching job Gap months)
2 and half months (working and living in India)
-------------------
last 12 months
-------------------

Is that OK?Please guide....
hi neha,

just to confirm, i think you are planning to pro-rate your earnings for 9 months not 6 months. which means - (total salary u earned in UK/9)*12

If the total amount after prorota is enough for reaching the required target of your HSMP threshold, you shud be fine. FYI, you cant prorate your salary for 6 months

Also you make sure that you are sending the proof of earnings in India and also you send the document to prove that you came to UK in January itself. If you think that it is bit of confusion, why not wait for couple of months and just apply with UK salary. But I can't think of any problems

hope this helps

neha_12oct
Newly Registered

Post by neha_12oct » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:17 pm

Thanks for the information. Yes you are correct I'm planning to prorate the earning for 9 months and I'm still able to reach the threshold.

Regading proof of moving to UK , I came here on 23rd Dec 06, which can be proved from the Immigration stamp on my passport. I can send the copy for that.

Will it actually matter as i came here in december END. And I'm calculating 9 months from January start, as it was 23rd december when I entered in UK.Will they consider that one week of december also?

Please guide.