ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work permit entry clearance - Proof of finances?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jivebunny
Newly Registered

Work permit entry clearance - Proof of finances?

Post by jivebunny » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:42 pm

I am filling out my visa application form to go to the UK on a work permit and apparently I need some proof that I can finance myself. A little confused about this bit since surely my fulltime employment should cover all my expenses?

The only 'proof' of finances I have is a UK savings account with about GBP600 in it, but they ask for past 3 months bank statements and being an ISA I only get statements like 1-2 times a year. I've printed out the latest bits from online banking but don't know if it will be accepted.

I've also included my employment contract, which details my decent salary. Question is... what kind of level of finances would they want me to prove beyond this? I have no dependents and will be going to the UK alone, but have a relative and friends there.

p.s. I tried asking the visa application centre people and they said they couldn't comment. :S

arnomarga
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by arnomarga » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:14 am

first of all....work permit means you got employment in UK and you are going to work here and earn money. why do you need to show your bank statement? they are more concerened about your skills...not your bank statement...I am not sure you have to attach your bank statement, if you are applying for work permit visa.

jivebunny
Newly Registered

Post by jivebunny » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:14 am

Beats me too, which is why I was confused. But in the list of required supporting documents, proof of finances was in the general category, which I assumed all visa applications would have to be accompanied with. And the people at my company who did the work permit for me also mentioned in their letter that I would have to supply 'proof of finances' but never explained beyond that.

I'm not overly worried about it, but I'd just like to go for overkill than have anymore delays on the paperwork.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:04 am

jivebunny wrote:Beats me too, which is why I was confused. But in the list of required supporting documents, proof of finances was in the general category, which I assumed all visa applications would have to be accompanied with. And the people at my company who did the work permit for me also mentioned in their letter that I would have to supply 'proof of finances' but never explained beyond that.

I'm not overly worried about it, but I'd just like to go for overkill than have anymore delays on the paperwork.
You are right to be safe than sorry, they want 3 months bank statement, they want it. You go to the bank and have them write a letter indicating the balances for the last 3 months and explaining that you only get statements once or twice or year.

zoolu
Newly Registered

Whts is the status

Post by zoolu » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:41 am

HI bunny .

. wht is the status of you application .. When did you apply and wht are the timlines

regards
zoolu

Vravi2007
Newly Registered

Re: Work permit entry clearance - Proof of finances?

Post by Vravi2007 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:22 pm

its true that they ask your bank statements when u get the workpermit approval but before stamping. its completely normal. nothing to worry and when i received my approval my account was in overdraft. so dont worry. goodluck

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:45 am

Well if you apply for Work Permit or change it within the UK they still ask for your bank statements, if you print them from online banking i am sure they wont be accepted so you need statements issued from your bank with your name, address etc.

Fair enough you have a job arranged in UK etc, however they want to see if you would be able to survive 1st couple of months.
Magsi