ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help please....FLR (M) Accommodation and FLR Start date

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

al.lutonee
Newly Registered

Help please....FLR (M) Accommodation and FLR Start date

Post by al.lutonee » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:33 pm

Hi,

Hope you are all well, newbie so go easy on me :)

I have two questions if you would not mind answering. I am the sponsor and my wife is the applicant, she is currently on a spouse visa due to expire in 3-4 months.

1. For the Accommodation requirement, can I submit:
Mortgage statement with my name on it (joint mortgage with my mother)
House valuation report containing exact measurements of the house
Letter from my mother stating that only my parents, me and my wife live at the property
Old Environment inspection report which i used for the spouse visa 2 years ago which states the condition of the house and who lives at the property (i don't want to pay £60 for another one if i don't have to)

2. My wifes spouse visa expire in February 2015. I thought i might as well apply now by post (November) as the waiting times are very long. I don't need to do it in person. She won't pass her tests before February so will need to do FLR

We applied before 9th July rules (applied on the 8th July 2012) and got spouse visa. Her visa runs from 11/11/12 until 11/02/15

Should i wait until 4 weeks prior (January) to apply or is now ok to apply?

If i apply now and get accepted, does the FLR visa date start from when it is accepted or after her spouse visa expires? I don't want to lose 2 months so want the FLR to start after Feb 2015 and not before it.

Many thanks in advance for your help and support :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Help please....FLR (M) Accommodation and FLR Start date

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:14 pm

The new FLR(M) will start on the date it is issued/approved/processed. So if it is completed in December, for example, it will be dated as such. If you want it to be from current visa expiring, then apply nearer to February.

I am sure there is enough time to pass the LIUK and English B1. LIUK she can ask to listen to the questions and then answer and the English is literally a 10/15 minute test.

It will be more cost effective for you to help her and then do ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:19 pm

Was your wife visa issued under the Old or New rules. If it was 2 years then, it must have been issued in 2013 February.

Was it issued as a family member of a point based migrant who is now settled?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

al.lutonee
Newly Registered

Post by al.lutonee » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:23 am

Apologies, i would rather just pay for extension and her to pass the tests at her pace, less hassle that way....i hope you understand :)

She applied before 9th July rules so was given a 27 month spouse visa. I guess i should apply in January as her visa expires in February.

The visa was issued as a spouse visa of a british citizen

Can anyone comment on whether my accomodation evidence is ok from the original post please?

Many thanks for your help:)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:58 am

Has there been a change of circumstance sine the evaluation was done.

New person Living in your household, children .

In any event she will be fine.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

al.lutonee
Newly Registered

Post by al.lutonee » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:00 pm

No change since then, are they ok with me just writing a letter to say nothing has changed since then with regards to accomodation?

Many thanks Obie