ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship for wife

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pauly10
Newly Registered

Citizenship for wife

Post by pauly10 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:22 am

My wife has been in the UK for 10 years, 5 years with ILR, I am a BC and now want to apply for naturalisation for her.
She has completed ESOL to standard which was acceptable for ILR.
My question is does she need to take the Life in Uk Test?

vinny

Re: Citizenship for wife

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:24 am

Yes, required from 28 October 2013.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

neverbackdown
Newly Registered

Citizenship for wife

Post by neverbackdown » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:42 pm

hi guys,

lookig for some help here please
i am attending my Citizenship ceremony tomorrow(4th Nov) and want to submit my Mrs Naturalisation application straight after that on basis of Spouse of British citizen. can you please help me on following question

1) My wife came to UK to live as my dependant in May 2011 (I was on PBS visa). i got ILR last year whereas she got ILR Feb 2014 only, can you please advise if she can apply for Naturalisation soon after i got my Citizenship certificate?

2) If i use NCS service, will i be able to get back my Citizenship certificate along with other documents as i want to apply for my British Passport at the same time?

3)in the application form (AN) Question 1.17 ask for 5 years of addresses however as she has been here for just over 3 years, i guess it will not be an issue if i cant provide addresses for 5 years as i believe this is for people applying on basis other than Spouse?

4)Application for Section 2 related to period spent out of UK - She has been out of UK for exactly 90 days in last 12 months, will that be an issue as the guidlines say, applicant should have not been outside UK for MORE THAN 90 days, please confirm?

5) Application form Section 3: Good Character Requirement: My wife has never worked in UK ever, even she hasnt got a NI number, i suppose i can put her occupation as "HomeMaker" and leave the rest as blan or N/A, will this be an issue

This foum has really helped me through my journey of British Citizenship and will really appreciate your advise and support in the last remaining steps before reaching this milestone.

Many thanks in advance
Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:40 pm

You should try not to hijack other people's threads and rather start your own with so many questions not really related to the OP query.
neverbackdown wrote:hi guys,

i am attending my Citizenship ceremony tomorrow(4th Nov) and want to submit my Mrs Naturalisation application straight after that on basis of Spouse of British citizen. can you please help me on following question

1) My wife came to UK to live as my dependant in May 2011 (I was on PBS visa). i got ILR last year whereas she got ILR Feb 2014 only, can you please advise if she can apply for Naturalisation soon after i got my Citizenship certificate? Yes she can

2) If i use NCS service, will i be able to get back my Citizenship certificate along with other documents as i want to apply for my British Passport at the same time? Yes you will

3)in the application form (AN) Question 1.17 ask for 5 years of addresses however as she has been here for just over 3 years, i guess it will not be an issue if i cant provide addresses for 5 years as i believe this is for people applying on basis other than Spouse? Provide the addresses from when she arrived in the UK

4)Application for Section 2 related to period spent out of UK - She has been out of UK for exactly 90 days in last 12 months, will that be an issue as the guidlines say, applicant should have not been outside UK for MORE THAN 90 days, please confirm? Absence is fine. What is the total absence for the 3 years?

5) Application form Section 3: Good Character Requirement: My wife has never worked in UK ever, even she hasnt got a NI number, i suppose i can put her occupation as "HomeMaker" and leave the rest as blan or N/A, will this be an issue You can write unemployed. Employment is not a requirement for citizenship.

This foum has really helped me through my journey of British Citizenship and will really appreciate your advise and support in the last remaining steps before reaching this milestone.

Many thanks in advance
Regards
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

neverbackdown
Newly Registered

Post by neverbackdown » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:17 pm

CR001 wrote:You should try not to hijack other people's threads and rather start your own with so many questions not really related to the OP query.
neverbackdown wrote:hi guys,

1) My wife came to UK to live as my dependant in May 2011 (I was on PBS visa). i got ILR last year whereas she got ILR Feb 2014 only, can you please advise if she can apply for Naturalisation soon after i got my Citizenship certificate? Yes she can

2) If i use NCS service, will i be able to get back my Citizenship certificate along with other documents as i want to apply for my British Passport at the same time? Yes you will

3)in the application form (AN) Question 1.17 ask for 5 years of addresses however as she has been here for just over 3 years, i guess it will not be an issue if i cant provide addresses for 5 years as i believe this is for people applying on basis other than Spouse? Provide the addresses from when she arrived in the UK

4)Application for Section 2 related to period spent out of UK - She has been out of UK for exactly 90 days in last 12 months, will that be an issue as the guidlines say, applicant should have not been outside UK for MORE THAN 90 days, please confirm? Absence is fine. What is the total absence for the 3 years?

5) Application form Section 3: Good Character Requirement: My wife has never worked in UK ever, even she hasnt got a NI number, i suppose i can put her occupation as "HomeMaker" and leave the rest as blan or N/A, will this be an issue You can write unemployed. Employment is not a requirement for citizenship.

Many thanks in advance
Regards
hi CR001

thanks for confirming this. with re to your question 4 she has not been out of UK for more than 150 days. in fact she has been out of UK 140 days +- 2 days in last three years. i hope that will not be an issue either?

cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:14 pm

As long as her absence is not more than 270 days in the 3 years with no more than 90 days in the last 12 months and don't count departure and arrival back days, only the physical whole days out of the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

neverbackdown
Newly Registered

Post by neverbackdown » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:59 pm

CR001 wrote:As long as her absence is not more than 270 days in the 3 years with no more than 90 days in the last 12 months and don't count departure and arrival back days, only the physical whole days out of the UK.
thanks mate much appreciated

got appointment booked for next week. wish us luck!!

cheers

neverbackdown
Newly Registered

Post by neverbackdown » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:41 am

hi guys,

looking for some immediate help here. i recently got naturalised and hav got my Mrs NCS appointmnet booked for next week. due to some family emergency i have to travel abroad hence have to quit my job. My wife have to apply for benefits as soon as possible to survive. i got couple of questions
1) will claiming benefits effect her application for naturalisation?
2) NCS appointment letter says we have to provide letter from Inland Revenue confirming the benefits being claimed. if she has to apply for benefits this week she might not have a letter by time for her NCS appointments. how would this work, as we would not have submitted anything re her claiming benefits but by the time her application will be processed her claim might have been approved and started. could this be an issue

please advise

LIFE IS NOT EXACTLY WHAT WE PLAN FOR

cheers

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:15 pm

Annex D: the good character requirement wrote:6.3 Dishonesty in Relation to Public Funds

The decision maker will not refuse an application simply because the person is reliant on public funds.

However, this would not extend to an applicant who is knowingly drawing or has knowingly drawn public funds to which they are not entitled. Where this is the case, the decision maker will normally refuse the application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.