ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family permit online application-SS route HELP PLEASE

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jenfm
Newly Registered

EEA Family permit online application-SS route HELP PLEASE

Post by jenfm » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:18 pm

Hi

Can someone please advice on filling out the online application for the eea family permit,its for my non eea national husband,they want information like,who does he live with and whats the realtionship and also about his family and how often he sees them,its very odd...plus we are applying via SS so he will put that in additonal info and also on the form is asked for my work status but only gives a few options (im currenty a stay at home mum having just had our second child) we put jobseeker and then will explain in addtional evidence that i am not a job seeker,but then just below this is asks again what my work status is,so we have put relies on spouse...Any help on this form would be great thanks :lol:

iuliacrisp
Newly Registered

Re: EEA Family permit online application-SS route HELP PLEAS

Post by iuliacrisp » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:51 pm

Hi,

I was similarly confused when we tried filling out that form. You are referring to the BETA version, right? In this new on-line version it seems they left out the "to be completed by" guidance stated before each of the parts. Some of the sections are in fact not supposed to be completed by spouses of EEA members, they're only for "other family members", i.e. the parts you've mentioned and also those regarding the financial details etc. I don't know why they don't specify that anymore. In the previous version of the form (Dec 2013) things are much more clear. Check this: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 0/vaf5.pdf
When you get to the part that's not addressed to you, just write N/A, as it appears to be mandatory and you can't proceed to the nrxt step without completing it. Hope this was helpful.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: EEA Family permit online application-SS route HELP PLEAS

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:34 pm

You do not need to provide any information about the EEA FP applicant's savings or work, either previously in Europe or future in UK. You also do not need to provide any information about the British citizen's savings or future work in the UK. There is no need to prove any form of dependence on the "sponsor". All those sections can be left or filled with n/a. I believe it is bad idea to fill these sections, as the information is often used to unlawfully refused applications.

You do need to provide evidence that the British citizen was working in the other European member state and that the two were residing together there.