ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA online form very confusing

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

migi
Newly Registered

EEA online form very confusing

Post by migi » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:50 am

Hi everyone,
I am trying to fill in the online form asking for the EEA family permit. I'm a non Eu citizen and my husband is from Uk. Many years now we both live and work in Italy. We are applying for the family permit in order to visit and spend new year with my husband's family.
The reason I'm writing is that I'm stuck in trying to fill in the online form. I've been writing quite a lot of NAs, but there are some parts of it where they ask for dates and I don't know whether i should leave them blank or else. For instance they are asking about my trips in the past ten years. I've been travelling at least 4 times a year or more. I don't even remember the dates. And it appears to me they shouldn't even ask this. Any advice please? I also tried to ask for the family permit this past July, but we couldn't go through with it. Next to that application it appears one: "refund requested". What is that suppose to mean? Much appreciated if anyone would give us a hand, we're quite confused.
Thanks a lot
Migi

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: EEA online form very confusing

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:28 pm

I also tried to ask for the family permit this past July, but we couldn't go through with it.
What does this mean?

I do not think travel history has any relevance. You can put "Not Relevant."

migi
Newly Registered

Post by migi » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:51 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
I also tried to ask for the family permit this past July, but we couldn't go through with it.
What does this mean?

I do not think travel history has any relevance. You can put "Not Relevant."
Meaning i changed my mind about going to UK last summer and i didn't complete it. About the travel history i can't put not relevant or NA since the only choices they give you is dates and no space to write anything, should i leave it blank? At this point Im thinking I should explain it at the end of the form the reasons why I wrote NAs or provide no answer, right?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:35 pm

I do not see how dates of travel are at all relevant in any form of decision. I would personally leave it blank and explain in the notes that you left it blank because it is not relevant to any EU Free Movement decision.

migi
Newly Registered

Post by migi » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:22 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:I do not see how dates of travel are at all relevant in any form of decision. I would personally leave it blank and explain in the notes that you left it blank because it is not relevant to any EU Free Movement decision.
Thanks a lot for the answer! I was reading in this forum that recently EEA family permits were refused on the claims that there is no proof that the EEA national intends to travel to the UK within 6 months. I thought a letter of intentions from my husband would be enough. Do we have to buy tickets as well? I thought this was not legal. Any thoughts?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:05 pm

A signed letter from the EU citizen saying that they will be travelling should suffice. Note that arrival Border Officers can and do check that the EU citizen is travelling or is already in the UK.

migi
Newly Registered

Post by migi » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:00 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:A signed letter from the EU citizen saying that they will be travelling should suffice. Note that arrival Border Officers can and do check that the EU citizen is travelling or is already in the UK.
Ok, many thanks again! We have decided to postpone our trip and apply for the EEA family permit in january. If successful (fingers crossed), I'll let everyone know

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:25 pm

If you have lived in Italy many years then surely you have an Italian issued family permit by now? Thats all you need to travel anywhere in EU.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

migi
Newly Registered

Post by migi » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:43 pm

357mag wrote:If you have lived in Italy many years then surely you have an Italian issued family permit by now? Thats all you need to travel anywhere in EU.
Yes I have a permanent one actually. I can travel anywhere in EU (schengen area), but not in UK and Ireland as far as I know, right?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:47 pm

migi wrote:
357mag wrote:If you have lived in Italy many years then surely you have an Italian issued family permit by now? Thats all you need to travel anywhere in EU.
Yes I have a permanent one actually. I can travel anywhere in EU (schengen area), but not in UK and Ireland as far as I know, right?
I think that's right for the UK.

I think that Ireland will honor the PR if it states that it was issued to the family member of an EEA citizen. This is a reply from the Irish Visa Office (visamail@justice.ie) when I emailed them to ask about this: "Non-nationals who are family members of a European Union citizen and holders of a document called “Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen” as referred to in Article 10 of Directive 2004/38/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 April 2004, are not subject to an Irish visa requirement."

migi
Newly Registered

Post by migi » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:26 pm

I think that's right for the UK.

I think that Ireland will honor the PR if it states that it was issued to the family member of an EEA citizen. This is a reply from the Irish Visa Office (visamail@justice.ie) when I emailed them to ask about this: "Non-nationals who are family members of a European Union citizen and holders of a document called “Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen” as referred to in Article 10 of Directive 2004/38/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 April 2004, are not subject to an Irish visa requirement."[/quote]

That's fantastic news! I'd love to go to Ireland too! Thanks a lot for sharing this!

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:10 pm

migi wrote:That's fantastic news! I'd love to go to Ireland too! Thanks a lot for sharing this!
You might want to make sure that your PR card specifically states that it is issued to the family member of an EEA citizen. I'd also advise you to email them on the address I gave you above, just to make sure nothing has changed. I received that answer in September.

Good luck