ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2014 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saad786

Re: 2014 Citizenship Approvals

Post by saad786 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:24 pm

@mrciti
Congratulations mate... happy for you..... Anybody else who applied earlier around June July or early and still waiting for approval???

Corvinusbs
Newly Registered

Post by Corvinusbs » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:40 am

saad786 wrote:@mrciti
Congratulations mate... happy for you..... Anybody else who applied earlier around June July or early and still waiting for approval???
I applied in July got second letter in September and still waiting holpefully we will get approval soon!!!!!! Best luck

mrciti

Post by mrciti » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:08 am

I m just wondering if I can travel to the uk without an irish passport . I will be an irish citizen on the 24 November 2014. Base on the common travel area between ireland and uk, any citizen of ireland and uk can travel with with any form of identification. Anyone experience this. I want to travel by ferry from Dublin to holyhead. Common mates.need your answers.

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:01 am

Mrciti there are random checked and immigration checks and these ppl are called uk border agency.. Although you may not see them, there is bug potential they will show up.. No problem getting stopped when u return but when you are in uk, they wont recognise the certificate as passport is the only ID for naturalised ppl.. This may cause lots and lots of hassle and will put a point next to your name in your future travels.. Dont bring attention to yourself 2 weeks before u hold an iriah passport!
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

catch_hunter

Post by catch_hunter » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:26 am

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/mo ... he_uk.html
----------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------
The Common Travel Area means that there are no passport controls in operation for Irish and UK citizens travelling between the two countries. Since 1997, some controls are in effect on arrivals in Ireland from the UK but this does not mean that you are required to carry your Irish or UK passport with you when you travel between the countries. You must, however, carry an acceptable form of photo-identification, examples of which are listed below. When you arrive in Ireland, you may sometimes be asked for valid official photo-identification which shows your nationality. As you are being asked to prove that you are an Irish or UK citizen who is entitled to avail of the Common Travel Area arrangements, it would be advisable to travel with your passport.
A valid passport
A driver's licence with photo
An international student card
A national ID card
A bus pass with photo
A Garda ID with photo
A work ID with photo
It is advisable to travel with your passport but not mandatory. The Naturalisation certificate has your photo which is a valid official photo-identification document. It contains your name in English though rest of the document is mostly in Gaelic. In addition to that I suggest carrying your driving license.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... l-area-cta
2.1 CTA2.1 Common Travel Area
Paragraph 15 of the Immigration Rules states that the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man and the Republic of Ireland collectively form a common travel area. A person who has been examined for the purpose of immigration control at the point at which he entered the area does not normally require leave to enter any other part of it. However certain persons subject to the Immigration (Control of Entry through the Republic of Ireland) Order 1972 (as amended) who enter the United Kingdom through the Republic of Ireland do require leave to enter. This includes:

those who merely passed through the Republic of Ireland;
persons requiring visas;
persons who entered the Republic of Ireland unlawfully;
persons who are subject to directions given by the Secretary of State for their exclusion from the United Kingdom on the ground that their exclusion is conducive to the public good;
persons who entered the Republic from the United Kingdom and Islands after entering there unlawfully or overstaying their leave
----------------------------------------
So, UK is fine with you provided you are legal in Ireland, which you are, since you hold the Irish naturalisation certificate.

Based on the above, you should not face any issues theoretically. In case you face, you must raise it to the higher authorities.

saad786

Post by saad786 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:05 am

@ all
Morning all. Could you please share the information if you get an approval letter today by any chance....

londonirish79
Newly Registered

Post by londonirish79 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:14 pm

Hi All,

Any recent correspondence/calls/emails with inis when will be ceremony in Dublin. When approvals will be sent if ceremony was in January. How about applications which are on advanced stages for past two to three months when they should get their approvals. Any update will be appreciated!

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:39 pm

only mrciti so far (and his friend).. seems its only for the 799 who are not registered here haha

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:30 pm

My thinking: I believe the 800 successful candidates for the Cork Citizenship ceremony for 24th of November are the rest of the candidates who received approvals much earlier on but were unable to make it to the last Dublin Citizenship ceremony held on the 22nd of September. I would assume that immediately the ceremony is concluded in the next three weeks in Cork city, more approvals will be issued from INIS in the week starting 1st of December 2014 for a Citizenship ceremony to be likely held between the last week in January 2015 or first week in February 2015. Onward faithful soldiers...we keep marching on! Good luck everyone!!! :D

mrciti

Post by mrciti » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:33 pm

@kingdomman. In a way you could be right though they are a few lucky ones that got approvein late October. Most of the people I know who arent member of this forum got approve since july 2014 but for some reason didnt make it for the September 2014 ceremony. Myself I applied on 27 march 2014. Got approved in 17 july 2014. I was on holidays and when I return I paid the fee and send all required doc on 27 August 2014 therby missing the big day in September 2014. Was thinking it gona b next January untill last week when santa thought about me and I got my invitation for the cork ceremony this November. Wish u guys luck. This forum is a freezers, it chills anxious mind.

Luther Essen
Newly Registered

Post by Luther Essen » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:09 pm

Please l want to know what happen if you don't pay the €950 in time ? I got my last month

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:17 pm

@mrciti, how lucky you are! Wish you and the rest recipients of naturalisation certificates come the 24th of November all the very best for the future as the newest Irish citizens. As for me and the rest of us, the waiting goes on even after a year of applying with no baggage of bad records but good character and positive contribution to the system and the society. I am very hopeful it will happen at God's time though! #PrayerMode

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:49 pm

Dont despair yet kingdoman.. Sooner or later you will get it.

Im surprised now that you have good records and waiting for over a year.. Can you share us your stats pls. Am aware that minister isnt happy with ur application but not aware of the reason.. They must tell you its a basic right. If i share the track of your application dates it might help to figure out when likely u would hear from then

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:20 pm

@banana07, I applied at exactly this time last year November based on Irish Association. Like I said, I DO NOT have any bad records and I have even confirmed from INIS that I've been all cleared after Garda vetting.. I tried to know from them why my application is taking longer to process since I've been cleared, then they tell me all the time it's on the minister's desk waiting final decision. Every time I check to confirm, all I get is: APPLICATION CONTINUES TO BE PROCESSEd & AND YOU SHALL BE NOTIFIED OF MINISTER'S DECISSION AS EXPENDITOIUSLY AS POSSIBLE. Lol!!! My guess is someone is just deliberately sitting on my application because he/she is afraid I could become the IRISH PRIME MINISTER soon after getting my citizenship. (Laughing out loud). It is what it is. It will happen soon or later as God pleases!!! All I pray for is good health and to be alive when it finally happens.

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:46 pm

U r separated right? Do u think (not being so dark about reality) that your ex wiFe have reported u to inis or doj that you have used her to access the system?

pyramid stone
Ireland

Post by pyramid stone » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:57 pm

Guys we are not interested. we are not hear to read that please keep the thoughts and the accusations away from us please.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:21 pm

@Banana07, yes I'm happily separated however, my stutus in the state is not connected to my ex-spouse who herself was an immigrant and only recently got naturalised. It will happen but when I don't really know but hopefully, I'll be here to inform you guys of my approval when it finally arrives.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:11 pm

@Pyramid Stone, how sad an individual can you be and you seem to have lost your sense of humour right?? Pls, read in between the lines! No one has brought any accusations against anyone here. I shouldn't have even dignified you with a response anyway! I wish to read more from positive contributors like Janet0001, Calvin Klien, Banana07 and the rest of the lots too many to list.

mrciti

Post by mrciti » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:20 pm

Luther Essen wrote:Please l want to know what happen if you don't pay the €950 in time ? I got my last month
U u will be schedule for the next ceremony. It happen to me in the last ceremony. I paid my fee in late August and didnt make it to the September ceremony. Lucky

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:05 am

This case is wrecking my brain.. How good character and with straight fwd case get hold for no apparent reason. It would not stir any trouble if you insist to get an answer why the minister does not like you. You better go to lawyer to write a letter for them (they can no avoid lawyer and history shows how many ppl got their approval after contacting lawyers or TDs) it will cost you 75 euro max, however u will get an answer within a week and if no valid reason for holding the application, you will get approved on spot, trust me

mrciti

Post by mrciti » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:17 am

banana07 wrote:This case is wrecking my brain.. How good character and with straight fwd case get hold for no apparent reason. It would not stir any trouble if you insist to get an answer why the minister does not like you. You better go to lawyer to write a letter for them (they can no avoid lawyer and history shows how many ppl got their approval after contacting lawyers or TDs) it will cost you 75 euro max, however u will get an answer within a week and if no valid reason for holding the application, you will get approved on spot, trust me
dont know how this people work but i was armed and lucky. studying for a degree at the university and working full time with no criminal record. with letter from my college,four p21 and p60 and letter from my employer, i definitely knew anyone that look at my app will smile. money cannot do this just the right planning.wish you guys luck

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:47 am

mrciti, kingdoman already have all these as per his previous posts, and of a good character, hence the conflict. we all submit as much as possible information, yet we do not get

I work in medicine, and yet my application is bouncing here and there.. thought they need us due to health system issues.. now it tells different story :-) Still I was over armed and not only salaries but also investments here and there and assets all over the place, and apparently that makes no sense to them, or otherwise, they should have given me the passport in 1 day (lol)

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:34 pm

@banana07, thanks a lot for your genuine concern shown and advice. Actually, I come here to contribute to issues so I can keep well informed of similar situations as mine and be acquainted with other peoples situations to add to my life experience. From day one, my solicitor packaged and filed in my application on my behalf to the INIS and I've honestly been told by same solicitor that my application could take longer than expected due to the fact that I applied based on Irish Association which technically takes longer time to process for an adult than the rest of the application type I.e spouse or residency. I'll be fine mate and I'm optimistic any time soon I shall pass on the good news here. I'm here wishing you the same! :)

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:59 pm

@KingdomMan : Did you apply for citizenship based on your Irish born child?

mrciti

Post by mrciti » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:05 pm

Every app is approve on it own merit. We all have different circumstances.