ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Juarah
Newly Registered

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by Juarah » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:11 am

Salaam

Got the email on Monday informing us that our application has been processed, and to wait until the VAC contact us to collect the passports and documents.

I have to admit I'm quite surprised as it was only the day before that I was explaining to my wife how we probably won't hear anything until March at the earliest.

So anyway I've been reading on this thread that Gerrys are a bit slack in confirming when the documents are ready for collection. How long should it be until we are contacted by Gerrys? And if no contact is forthcoming, should I ask my wife to go to Gerrys in a few days to check if they are ready?

This part is quite annoying as we now know that a decision has been made and we're anxious to find out as soon as possible. I had a feeling initially that it must be a good sign that it has been processed in 3 months, as it most probably means it was a straightforward case and has been accepted. As time goes on though, pessimism is taking over. I can only remain hopeful that Allah has listened to my prayers and granted them.

riz2603
Newly Registered

Post by riz2603 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:15 am

Hi

I submitted my wifes visa application 18+ weeks ago. I tracked the status last month which was "Application under assessment".

Now when I track the application on several occasions they say the following "found that there are no current updates. This could be
because your application was submitted recently or the details that you have provided above are incorrect.

Any idea why this has happened on several attempts

Thank You

fawad iftikhar

Post by fawad iftikhar » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:00 am

Juarah wrote:Salaam

Got the email on Monday informing us that our application has been processed, and to wait until the VAC contact us to collect the passports and documents.

I have to admit I'm quite surprised as it was only the day before that I was explaining to my wife how we probably won't hear anything until March at the earliest.

So anyway I've been reading on this thread that Gerrys are a bit slack in confirming when the documents are ready for collection. How long should it be until we are contacted by Gerrys? And if no contact is forthcoming, should I ask my wife to go to Gerrys in a few days to check if they are ready?

This part is quite annoying as we now know that a decision has been made and we're anxious to find out as soon as possible. I had a feeling initially that it must be a good sign that it has been processed in 3 months, as it most probably means it was a straightforward case and has been accepted. As time goes on though, pessimism is taking over. I can only remain hopeful that Allah has listened to my prayers and granted them.

wow MashaAllah congratz Juarah ! i applied online exactly on the same date and i just wish to be the lucky one after you to get some response back from them , i applied from khi :( ....here in khi its not too long until pp arrives at VAC you can say within 2 weeks but few even get it within 3-5 days...i am not sure about Lahore but just relax as its not too long for you now :) InshaAllah u will hear positive news
bio-metrics(Khi)- 02 Sept 14
RFC 24 dec 14 : rejected on financial grounds
Jan 8 15 : appealed (oral) inside the UK
Feb 23 15 : notice of pending appeal with ECM deadline till 6 June 2015

kehkashan

Post by kehkashan » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:00 am

MASHALLAH congrats...wish u best of luck..dnt frgt to share wd us the outcome...INSHALLAH it will a positiv response..
INSHALLAH evrybdy will get visa soon Ameen SumAmeen

Moa7

Post by Moa7 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:22 am

Hey guys, I understand that when the UKVI replies saying "your case has been escalated",they actually mean that "your query" has been escalated.

But how do we know when their reply actually means that the case has been escalated? What do they say differently instead of the same old "your case has been escalated"?

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:13 am

Moa7 wrote:Hey guys, I understand that when the UKVI replies saying "your case has been escalated",they actually mean that "your query" has been escalated.

But how do we know when their reply actually means that the case has been escalated? What do they say differently instead of the same old "your case has been escalated"?
UKVI enquiry are run by an external company they have no powers to speed up application process. Escalation just means that they will contact the relevant section making centre and check directly what stage the visa app is at

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:18 am

Moa7 wrote:Hey guys, I understand that when the UKVI replies saying "your case has been escalated",they actually mean that "your query" has been escalated.

Most people if not all query about their case so if your query has been escalated meaning your case has been escalated meaning they have done something about it. Would that something be beneficial to you only Allah swt knows.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:25 am

I would give it till Monday, if you haven't received a call then pay a visit at the Lahore VAC. Gerrys system is worst than BCH's system, your documents are probably already at Lahore VAC as we speak, It doesn't take that long after the decision has been made for your documents to return back to relevant VAC.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

Moa7

Post by Moa7 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:33 am

alil2014 wrote:UKVI enquiry are run by an external company they have no powers to speed up application process. Escalation just means that they will contact the relevant section making centre and check directly what stage the visa app is at
tallojani wrote:Most people if not all query about their case so if your query has been escalated meaning your case has been escalated meaning they have done something about it. Would that something be beneficial to you only Allah swt knows.
Thanks for replying guys! but thats not what I was asking so I will try to rephrase my question : ) Basically what do ukvi/the external faqs body/bhc islamabad/whichever concerned authority say when they actually escalate your case? What email do they send to you to tell that they've escalated your case? Like what are their wordings?

I've read here that people have had their cases escalated through their solicitors when they've been waiting for several months without a decision.

So I suppose my question is meant for those applicants who've had their cases escalated recently.

Hope my question is clearer now :)

pind_da_munda_786

Post by pind_da_munda_786 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:42 am

I got an email today saying the visa has been processed and will be returned to VAC.

VAC will contact me when the documents are ready for collection.

Anyone know how long it takes before VAC Contact me? How long will it takes for the documents to get to Lahore from Islambad? This wait is killing me!!

Hope it is good news!

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:52 am

pind_da_munda_786 wrote:I got an email today saying the visa has been processed and will be returned to VAC.

Anyone know how long it takes before VAC Contact me? How long will it takes for the documents to get to Lahore from Islambad? This wait is killing me!!

Hope it is good news!

Looks like Lahore r really uping their stats..congrats hope it is good news! When did u apply?
1st App:10.06.14-Refused 21.11.14
2nd App:04.02.15-Refused 22.04.15

Appealed:19.05.15-Review Deadline:27.10.15
Court Date:02.09.16

3rd App:
Bio:29.04.16 (priority)
HO enquiry:16.05.16
Processed:17.05.16
Call:20.05.16
Collected:23.05.16
Alhamdulilah

Moa7

Post by Moa7 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:01 pm

pind_da_munda_786 wrote:I got an email today saying the visa has been processed and will be returned to VAC.

Hope it is good news!
It seems they are trying to redeem their standard processing time of around 12 weeks. Consider yourself lucky pal. Hope you hear great news soon : )

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:08 pm

Hope it is good news!
INSHA'ALLAH it will be a good news, if they don't invite you to VAC by Monday morning do pop in Monday afternoon to collect your documents. Stay blessed.

Nm.123

Post by Nm.123 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:19 pm

Hope it is good news!
Thats good news!! When did you apply?

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:53 pm

Just wanted to ask a quick question.. After people received email saying their application was in queue to b seen by ECO or with the ECO how long did it roughly take for rfc?

3rd App:
Alhamdulilah

kehkashan

Post by kehkashan » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:07 pm

Hope it is good news!
Congrats...wish u best of luck..wen did u apply and where did u apply from?
INSHALLAH it will b a positv response
May Allah G grant visa to all of us soon..Ameen SumAmeen

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:13 pm

pind da munda congrats i rely hope its gud news for u inshallah

guys i think he applied early august from lahore
Applied Lahore: 10 October 2013
Refused: 09 September 2014
Re-applied Lahore: 24 September 2014
Application Processed: 02 January 2015
VISA GRANTED ALHAMDULLILAH: 06 January 2015

pind_da_munda_786

Post by pind_da_munda_786 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:38 pm

Ket1 wrote:pind da munda congrats i rely hope its gud news for u inshallah

Yes correct, I applied in the first week of Aug 2014 and got informed that my visa has been processed today (63 working days).

Looks like the ECO made his decision very quickly - I made sure I submitted perfect paperwork..

fawad iftikhar

Post by fawad iftikhar » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:48 pm

pind_da_munda_786 wrote:
Ket1 wrote:pind da munda congrats i rely hope its gud news for u inshallah

Yes correct, I applied in the first week of Aug 2014 and got informed that my visa has been processed today (63 working days).

Looks like the ECO made his decision very quickly - I made sure I submitted perfect paperwork..

Great news congratz buddy....can you confirm if you got any email like "further checks/inquiries are being conducted something like that before receiving this decision? today i also came to know that my app is sent to UK for further queries...does that mean long delay? 24 weeks ? :(

fawad iftikhar

Post by fawad iftikhar » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:51 pm

Hello Guys,

Today i came to know that my case has been sent to UK for further check/inquiries , i dont have any other word on it but can someone tell if its a long delay now? like 24 or more than 24 weeks for me :( ? generally how many of you got the decision sooner after getting this update? I see few people got the visas who applied in Aug.... appreciate the response.

th3

Post by th3 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:53 pm

Oh God

They've replied to me, again :?

Pfff...
Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigrations International
enquiry service.

I am sincerely sorry to hear that you are experiencing for an unexpected
situation.
The ECO (Entry Clearance Officer) at the decision making centre will
sensitively assess your application as you are genuinely seeking entry to
the UK for the purpose and duration that you have stated.

Regarding your query, we escalated your case as of today. Could you please
kindly wait until we contact again.
Your patient is much appreciated.
Marriage 06/2011 | Visit Visa 08/2012 | Back to UK 01/2013
Applied Mirpur Cat A 12/03/14
Forwarded BHC 24/03
Escalated 1st 13/08, 2nd 10/10, 3rd 05/11

Further checking 1st 10/11, 2nd 19/11
Visa processed date 26/11, email 28/11
Visa Refused

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:56 pm

fawad iftikhar wrote:Hello Guys,

Today i came to know that my case has been sent to UK for further check/inquiries , i dont have any other word on it but can someone tell if its a long delay now? like 24 or more than 24 weeks for me :( ? generally how many of you got the decision sooner after getting this update? I see few people got the visas who applied in Aug.... appreciate the response.
Hi Fawad,

How you know your case has been sent to UK?

Regards,

Networkers!

th3

Post by th3 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:59 pm

Congrats pind de mundiya!!

Best wishes...
Marriage 06/2011 | Visit Visa 08/2012 | Back to UK 01/2013
Applied Mirpur Cat A 12/03/14
Forwarded BHC 24/03
Escalated 1st 13/08, 2nd 10/10, 3rd 05/11

Further checking 1st 10/11, 2nd 19/11
Visa processed date 26/11, email 28/11
Visa Refused

pind_da_munda_786

Post by pind_da_munda_786 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:20 pm

does anyone have Lahore Gerrys' telephone number?

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:55 pm

Does Anyone know were Islamabad embassy have got up to?

3rd App:
Alhamdulilah