ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it mandatory to renew main n dependent tier 1 together?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bij
Newly Registered

Is it mandatory to renew main n dependent tier 1 together?

Post by bij » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:15 pm

Hello All,
I am the main applicant of tier 1 general visa. My wife and my tier 1 general visa is valid till Feb, 2016. I am planning to go for an early extension of visa before April 2015 because of new rule. But I plan to renew my wifes visa only in 2016.
Is this allowed?
Is it possible for my wife will continue her stay in UK in current visa and renew her visa i.e. Tier 1 General dependant Visa in 2016 Or is it mandatory that we have to renew together?
Also will it affect her ILR and will she be issued with a fresh dependent visa when she renews in 2016, which will make her wait another 5 years from 2016 for ILR?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks.

vinny

Re: Is it mandatory to renew main n dependent tier 1 togethe

Post by vinny » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:35 pm

I think that it's allowed for her to apply separately (319C(b)(i)). She should apply prior to her leave expiring. However, as a dependant, she will only be granted leave that is in line with yours. If she extends in time and in-country, then her qualifying period for ILR shouldn't be affected (319E).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

bij
Newly Registered

Post by bij » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:56 am

Thanks a lot Vinny. Appreciate the quick response.

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:01 am

I have done similar way, I got extended my visa, But my wife was in india by that time. Later she came back to UK and got extended. But her visa validity will be aligned with my visa.

Regards,
Suresh