ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

F.khan
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by F.khan » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:34 pm

Hi All,

I phoned HO today and they have confirmed that they are considering August applications So I am hoping all of us applied in august should be getting in a week or so

Kind Regards
Farhan

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:37 pm

F.khan wrote:Hi All,

I phoned HO today and they have confirmed that they are considering August applications So I am hoping all of us applied in august should be getting in a week or so

Kind Regards
Farhan
Can you share your application timeline?

F.khan
Newly Registered

Post by F.khan » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:39 pm

Hi Fielddrive,

It is already on google drive check ''FA'' I applied on August 23rd

Kind Regards
Farhan

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications query

Post by Spatacus » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:40 pm

kamransh wrote:
Spatacus wrote:
Fabby wrote:Hello all,
Pls I need an urgent advice regarding application for 10 years long residence.
This is my story:
Arrived in the UK on the 12th of September 2004 with student visa valid until 31/01/08
Applied for an extension (Limited Leave to Remain as a student) and got another visa Valid from 20/02/2008 to 30/11/2010. In time application.
Applied for post study work visa (Tier 1) visa valid from 10/01/2011 to 10/01/2013.In time application.
Applied for EEA Family permit visa valid from 30/04/2012 to 30/04/2017.

Ive lived in the Uk now for 10 years and 2months. But now I want to apply for indefinite leave based on my 10 years leaving here legally but I ve a valid EEA Family Permit which is going to expire in 2017.
My question is if I apply for 10 years Long residence now, will my EEA family permit be cancelled or revoked because I still have about 3 years left on it. (My EEA wife is currently and has been exercising her treaty right).

Your urgent advice will be appreciated.
Hello fabby,
Just to let you know that your EEA family permit will be null once you apply for ILR on 10 years basis when it's approved by HO but it will remain valid during the processing time of your ILR.
Hi Spatacus,
Are you sure about the rule with EEA permit being declared null/void once you have ILR? EEA permit is not a visa rather a right based on you being a family member of a EEA national. I know people who have both and are able to travel on either.

Can you confirm where it says about the EEA being nulled on basis on ILR?

Hello to be honest I am not sure about EEA FAMILY permit status after getting your ILR but I just assumed in my own opinion that it will null since the applicant has been given ILR. But again the EEA family visa is normally valid for 5yrs so if it's not declared null after getting ILR then eventually it will expire at the end of the five years period.
Hope this is clear enough.
Other forum members who have idea of experience of EEA family permit may be required to comment on this. However I think this is discussion should be taken to EEA section of the forum as this is where people with experience of EEA will input effectively.
Last edited by Spatacus on Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:43 pm

Ishtiaq2014 wrote:Alhamdulillah received my ILR today dated 3 November 2014. I applied on 1st August 2014. Please someone update my timeline on google drive. I am grateful to the members of this forum for their support. I wish all the best for those waiting decision.
Hi Ishitaq2014
congratulations to you. Enjoy your freedom.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:46 pm

F.khan wrote:Hi All,

Kind Regards
Farhan
Hello F.khan,
I also called HO 30mins ago and it was confirmed that August applications are currently being processed. Thank God for that.

F.khan
Newly Registered

Post by F.khan » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:51 pm

Dear Spatacus

Yes, I can understand the pain of waiting specially when it comes to a response from HO

Hope for the best God bless us all

FA

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:18 pm

For all those who are phoning HO, it is important to note that the service has improved significantly since the govt decided to get rid of the notorious UKBA (read: waste of time and money) and brought it under direct control of HO

the change in attitude, better customer service and improved processing times are worthy of appreciation

PS: 2 years ago LR applications took on average 6-7 months under UKBA

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:27 pm

F.khan wrote:Dear Spatacus

Yes, I can understand the pain of waiting specially when it comes to a response from HO

FA
Waited 28 minutes to be told my application hasn't been decided yet....!
I've been waiting since May, 6 months now... mind you, all the lateness is due to the English test I submitted.... My patience is at its limits
V

freeman0410
Newly Registered

Post by freeman0410 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:37 pm

Dear All Brothers and Sisters ,
Assalamualaikum ,
What is general outcome of people who applied ILR with previous immigration recoed of TOEIC ??????
If someone discuss with some recent results that would be much appreciated .

Thank you .
Freeman

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:33 pm

viganooriah wrote:

FA
I've been waiting since May, 6 months now... mind you, all the lateness is due to the English test I submitted.... My patience is at its limits
Hello brother,
I completely understand the way you feel. But not to worry the waiting will soon be over

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:36 pm

freeman0410 wrote:Dear All Brothers and Sisters ,
Assalamualaikum ,
What is general outcome of people who applied ILR with previous immigration recoed of TOEIC ??????

Thank you .
Freeman
I think one of the person was invited for face to face interview. I don't know the outcome of that but usually if you satisfy them during the interview. they usually accept the application.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:40 pm

fielddrive wrote:For all those who are phoning HO, it is important to note that the service has improved significantly since the govt decided to get rid of the notorious UKBA (read: waste of time and money) and brought it under direct control of HO

the change in attitude, better customer service and improved processing times are worthy of appreciation

No doubt fielddrive, you are 100% right. Things have really improved since it was rebranded from UKBA to HO but I still think the waiting times for long residency applications are just unbelievable especially when your immigration history and visa are straightforward. They have all your visa details on their system, they can confirm all security checks on applicants within 5 working days so why are they still taking 4-5 months to make decisions on long residence application. I just wonder!

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:40 pm

fielddrive wrote:For all those who are phoning HO, it is important to note that the service has improved significantly since the govt decided to get rid of the notorious UKBA (read: waste of time and money) and brought it under direct control of HO

No doubt fielddrive, you are 100% right. Things have really improved since it was rebranded from UKBA to HO but I still think the waiting times for long residency applications are just unbelievable especially when your immigration history and visa are straightforward. They have all your visa details on their system, they can confirm all security checks on applicants within 5 working days so why are they still taking 4-5 months to make decisions on long residence application. I just wonder!

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:02 pm

viganooriah wrote:

FA
Hey buddy... the silver lining in your case is that you will now be able to apply for naturalisation on or after 5th Aug next year... chin up now!! :D

ajek01

Post by ajek01 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:31 pm

Hi guys

I applied for my 10 years ILR on 13/09/2014.

I live in a shared house and we do not have a TV licence. Last week we have been visited by an enforcement officer, the guy took each one of ours name and visited our rooms separately.

One of my flat mates who had a TV and he found them watching TV and he immediately gave him a caution and said they may be prosecuted.

He did not tell me anything as I do not have a TV in my room but still took my name.

Just wondering, whether in any way this might create a problem while my ILR decision is still under consideration?

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:35 pm

ajek01 wrote:Hi guys

I live in a shared house and we do not have a TV licence. Last week we have been visited by an enforcement officer, the guy took each one of ours name and visited our rooms separately.

One of my flat mates who had a TV and he found them watching TV and he immediately gave him a caution and said they may be prosecuted.

He did not tell me anything as I do not have a TV in my room but still took my name.

Just wondering, whether in any way this might create a problem while my ILR decision is still under consideration?
It is a usual tactic of TV license officer to convince person to get a TV license as they usually get commission on that. Since it has nothing to do with you it will not impact you in any way.

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:01 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
Assalamualaikum ,

Thank you .
Freeman
I think one of the person was invited for face to face interview. I don't know the outcome of that but usually if you satisfy them during the interview. they usually accept the application.
That would be me!
V

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:21 pm

fielddrive wrote:
viganooriah wrote:

FA
Hey buddy... the silver lining in your case is that you will now be able to apply for naturalisation on or after 5th Aug next year... chin up now!! :D
I'm not sure how is this a Silver Lining, and I won't know when I'll be able to apply for naturalisation until I'll get my ILR, but it's definitely going after 5th August as we're in November and no answer yet
V

ajek01

Post by ajek01 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:09 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
ajek01 wrote:Hi guys

It is a usual tactic of TV license officer to convince person to get a TV license as they usually get commission on that. Since it has nothing to do with you it will not impact you in any way.
Thanks Arsal385

K4

Post by K4 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:47 am

viganooriah wrote:
Arsal385 wrote:
Assalamualaikum ,

Thank you .
Freeman
That would be me!
I have done TOEIC in 2012 varied my application in august haven't received a letter like freeman did let's see what happens it's an on going investigation and no idea when it will all be over with. Hope for the best in sha Allah it will be good news for us

amakhtar
Newly Registered

Post by amakhtar » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:25 am

Hi all Veterans
I am shortly applying for my ILR and request your expertise opinion about my wife's application. My wife has been in the UK since 15 Dec 2006 and currently on Tier 1 entrepreneur Dependant Visa expiring on 14/10/2016. What's the best route for her to achieve the settlement? After I got my indefinite stamped, shall I get her visa switched to a category that may lead to early but safe settlement?
As she already got visa until 14/10/2016 and run short by 2 months to qualify for settlement under 10 years. Could you please help me with an advice as how we can bridge that tiny gap? Bear in mind I along my children have had secured British citizenship by then.
I appreciate all inputs.

Kind Regards

amakhtar

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:49 pm

amakhtar wrote:Hi all Veterans
I am shortly applying for my ILR and request your expertise opinion about my wife's application. My wife has been in the UK since 15 Dec 2006 and currently on Tier 1 entrepreneur Dependant Visa expiring on 14/10/2016. What's the best route for her to achieve the settlement? After I got my indefinite stamped, shall I get her visa switched to a category that may lead to early but safe settlement?
As she already got visa until 14/10/2016 and run short by 2 months to qualify for settlement under 10 years. Could you please help me with an advice as how we can bridge that tiny gap? Bear in mind I along my children have had secured British citizenship by then.
I appreciate all inputs.

Kind Regards

amakhtar
Hello amakhtar,
The best way to bridge the gap of 2 months is for you to apply for your wife using form FLR(M) once you receive approval from HO for your ILR, then vary your wife's application from FLR (M) to SET (LR).As I believe HO will still be in the process of considering her FLR ( M ) when she will complete her 10years in the UK.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:33 pm

so quiet today...