ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entering and Re-entering Ireland on a work permit - Question

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nblaze

Entering and Re-entering Ireland on a work permit - Question

Post by nblaze » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:03 pm

Hello all. First I want to thank everyone who has helped me on this board in the past few months. My green card permit was approved and I've been in the state for a few weeks now. I've just been registered with the garda and received my GNIB card and new passport stamp.

My question is for when I want to travel Europe, what is the procedure on the return back to the state? Do I need to bring my GNIB card with me to show upon arrival at the airport, or do I need more, such as the piece of paper work permit from the DJEI? I'm a US citizen so I don't need visitor visas to travel Europe. Thanks!

catch_hunter

Re: Entering and Re-entering Ireland on a work permit - Ques

Post by catch_hunter » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:35 pm

You will need to carry your GNIB card with you.
You do not need a visa to land in Ireland since you are an US citizen.
You do not need to carry your work permit with you. Just keep it safe, you might need it (or a copy of it) if you apply for your naturalisation a few years down the line.