ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to apply for PBS dependent with Partner's ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

neha_s
Newly Registered

How to apply for PBS dependent with Partner's ILR

Post by neha_s » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:41 pm

Hi all

I am in the UK on PBS dependent. My husband currently holds a Tier-1 general and is eligible for ILR in March 2014. I however am not eligible since i when i married him in 2012, i came with him in July 2012 on my (then) Tier-1 PSW. After my Tier-1 PSW expired in 2013, i switched to PBS dependent which expires in March 2014 (same date as my husband).

I understand that i will have to extend my stay as a PBS dependent (or FLR(M) which will reset my 5 yr timer towards ILR). The only thing i dont understand is that can i submit my PBS dependent extension application along with my husband's ILR application (i.e. same day in person, possibly together??). Or do i have to wait for him to get ILR approved and get his BRP, and then apply for my PBS dependent???

Has anyone else recently been in such situation and what are their experiences? What do they advise?

Also if i apply for FLR(M) i will lose only 9-10 months, so is it much simpler to get an FLR(M)???? I do hold a UK masters degree so i would think i am exempt from english requirements (i will only need to give life in the uk)

thanks a lot for your help in advance

vinny

Re: How to apply for PBS dependent with Partner's ILR

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:59 pm

See also Tier 1 dependent to ILR dependants. You may be able to book a same day family appointment with your husband.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

neha_s
Newly Registered

Post by neha_s » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:53 pm

@vinny - Thanks for your reply . This thread exactly is the same as my case. I understand the situation better now. However what i dont knw yet is am i able to apply for my dependent visa the same day in the same appointment as with my husband's ILR. I can see that you suggested using family appointment booking system. But as i recall from my previous experience, in the dependent application, we (depednents) have to add visa (immigration details) of the Main applicant. At the time of making this application in person on the same day and at the same time, my husband would still hold a tier-1 general visa (which will be due to expire in next 20 days)

So what details (visa status/ref number etc) do i put in the main applicant's details?

mustafa.hamdani

Post by mustafa.hamdani » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:29 am

@neha_s I had exactly the same situation last year (April 2013) wherre I applied for ILR and my wife for extension as PBS dependant.

We booked 2 separate appointments for both of us in the relevant categories at the same date/time at Solihull PEO. On reaching there we informed about our situation to the people at the reception, although they gave us 2 separate tokens but told us to go to case worker together. We did that and the case worker was really helpful and processed our applications together (not as one but the same case work processed both our applications) and it was a success for both of us.

neha_s
Newly Registered

Post by neha_s » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:25 am

@mustafa.hamdani - thanks for your reply

so if i understand it correct, i and my husband both can book 2 appointments on the same day (second one possibly 15-30 min after the first ) and have a conversation with the people at the reception to have us go to the case worker together?

My query is what did you fill in your wife's dependent application (section about the visa details of the main applicant)? did you add your (then) tier-1 general details (which would have been close to its expiry date) or did you leave the column empty? is there anything specific i need to do to get the same case worker to process both our application?

mustafa.hamdani

Post by mustafa.hamdani » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:54 am

neha_s wrote:so if i understand it correct, i and my husband both can book 2 appointments on the same day (second one possibly 15-30 min after the first ) and have a conversation with the people at the reception to have us go to the case worker together?
yes, your understanding is correct. In our case we booked both appointments at the same time as well, which was 1:30 PM, I guess. One thing I'd recommend you is to try to go to Solihull for your appointment. I'm not sure about other PEOs but staff at Solihull is very friendly and helpful. You can read some other comments on the forum from different people about their experiences at different PEOs.
neha_s wrote:My query is what did you fill in your wife's dependent application (section about the visa details of the main applicant)? did you add your (then) tier-1 general details (which would have been close to its expiry date) or did you leave the column empty?
sorry, I dont remember now, you can leave it empty and fill it in after checking with the case worker (or take 2 copies with 2 different answers and provide which ever they say is correct). I did that for couple of small questions as well.
neha_s wrote: is there anything specific i need to do to get the same case worker to process both our application?
you dont need to do anything specific just inform the PEO staff about your situation.

Just on a side note, if you are not comfortable with applying together, one other option you guys have is for your husband to get his ILR first and then you can apply for your extension, may be, after a week.

nkm3
Newly Registered

Post by nkm3 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:35 pm

HI All,

Had a question on the same lines,
When you are applying for ILR and PBS dependent, in the payment options
do you choose that the applications are being made simultaneously or you pay as though they are 2 applications are independent.

thanks

sooraj84
Newly Registered

Post by sooraj84 » Fri May 02, 2014 5:54 pm

Hello
Can we make separate postal applications with covering letters enclosed referencing each other's applications?
Anyone successful with such an endeavour?

memilann
Newly Registered

Post by memilann » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:49 pm

vinny wrote:See also Tier 1 dependent to ILR dependants. You may be able to book a same day family appointment with your husband.
hi, I am in same situation. I am on Tier 1 general and eligible for ILR but my wife is not and will need to complete 5 year. hence what i understand is that I need to apply for my ILR and for my wife I need to apply as PBS extension. I have read many threads but still not clear on below and was hoping if you can shade some light:

1) can we make postal application'? if yes should we include both applications into 1 bigger envelope with a covering letter?

2) If we make same day application, do we need to book 2 separate appointments and pay twice the appointment fee of £400 x2 or I can book 1 appointment for £400 and submit both applications at same time?

3) my wife will be eligible for ILR in Aug 2018 - she will be on Tier 1 dependant until then. Can she apply for ILR in AUG 2018? I see that ILR is closing in April 2018

Many thanks in advance
Regards
Memilann