ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

haidernchd
Newly Registered

Visit visa

Post by haidernchd » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:40 pm

Hi forum

My sister in law is a british national. She bornned in Pakistan got british passport because of her mother. Now my sister in law daughter cannot get a british passport unless she lives in uk for certain period of time because her mother was not a bornned british national. She recently came in uk by taking her daughters visit visa. My question is

Can they switch visit visa to dependent visa without leaving the country.
She is expecting her second baby in next week does this help in any way.

Your help is much appreciated

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visit visa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:48 pm

You cannot switch to any other category from a visitor visa. Dependent visas should be applied from the applicants country of residence.

How old is the daughter??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

haidernchd
Newly Registered

Post by haidernchd » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:41 pm

Here are the details again

ister-in-Law borned in Pakistan got british citizenship because her mother was british citizen at the time of birth. Date of birth 12-08-1985.
Never lived in UK just came on or two times for very short holiday with her mother.
She came to uk 5 months ago gave birth to her 2nd Child in Nov.
Her first child is 5 years old daughter borned in Pakistan. She is on Visit Visa at present expiring on 15th Jan.
Now my sister in Law is planning to settle here permanently.

Her husband is Pakistani national works in Bahrain.

Can anyone please help how to register her five years old daughter in UK as she is not entitled to file an application as british citizen because her mother is British Citizen by descent. Is there any way her daughter can stay in UK apart from visit visa for which she has to leave the country.

USAPKSA
BANNED

Post by USAPKSA » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:17 am

haidernchd wrote:Hi forum

My sister in law is a british national. She bornned in Pakistan got british passport because of her mother. Now my sister in law daughter cannot get a british passport unless she lives in uk for certain period of time because her mother was not a bornned british national. She recently came in uk by taking her daughters visit visa. My question is

Can they switch visit visa to dependent visa without leaving the country.
She is expecting her second baby in next week does this help in any way.

Your help is much appreciated

Thanks
I can help you send PM at spammer at gmail

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:52 am

haidernchd wrote:Her husband is Pakistani national works in Bahrain.
Seems SET(F) for her daughter may be possible under 298.

She should have sole responsibility for her daughter, or show that the daughter normally lives with her, or her daughter's exclusion is undesirable, if she plans to settle in the UK with her children without their father.

However, she should also show that there was a change of circumstances since her daughter's entry as a visitor.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.